inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm getting really sick of this

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 04/12/21 at 10:49 pm

OK, so anyone who still bothers to follow my latest works will know that I stopped doing political parodies back in December. In an effort to bring some semblance of fun back to AmIRight, but also to celebrate the release of the fifth season, I've been doing parodies about the manga/anime series My Hero Academia, which in short is about a teenager who goes to a superhero training school. The reason I'm bringing this up is because some anonymous cabal - possibly the same ones who 1-bombed all my anti-Trump parodies - has been 1-bombing all of my MHA parodies too, and I'm getting really sick of it. I mean, it's not like any of those parodies are intended to be negative in any way, so I don't understand all the hate I'm getting for these. I swear, if this keeps up, I might just hang up my air guitar and quit parody writing for good. Really, is it too much trouble to ask for some reform around here?

Subject: Re: I'm getting really sick of this

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 04/14/21 at 1:35 pm

A further development: out of sheer curiosity, I made a list of all the parodies I'd written since late 2016, when I returned to this site after a four-year break, and I found that out of the 144 parodies I posted here since then (as of April 14, 2021), only 14 were about Trump, with a further two about politicians in general, so I don't get why my MHA parodies are getting crapped on like this.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/21 at 2:53 pm

Because the Internet is unforgiving and vengeful. :(
I just came back from your Ojiro parody where this BS is in full flower. Voting just doesn't matter anymore.

Still, this place is still free, and the best place to throw parody writing skills into the public eye. I have been here since 2000. I haven't contributed in awhile not because of the atmosphere, but I just have not been inspired as I used to be. I am just a cranky old fart who still believes in civility and friendliness and yells at the punks on my lawn who are destroying the peace.

Keep on doing what you do, F THEM.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/21 at 3:15 pm

Dylan, I did this... http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=62843.0

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 04/29/21 at 9:13 pm

Agrimorfee: Truth be told, I never came into parody writing solely for the votes. Still, if I work hard on something, I feel it deserves better than getting randomly 1-bombed. Still, I doubt I'll be hanging up my air guitar for a while.

As for the second one, I really appreciate your post. It's about time somebody else backed me up!

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 08/24/21 at 3:28 pm

UPDATE: So, I submitted again, and again, I got 1-bombed. I suspect that somebody out there is using a bot to automatically put 13 1-bombs whenever it detects that I've submitted a parody to this site. Again, I don't write parodies for the votes, but having this sort of thing on my parodies looks bad, and I wish it would stop.

Check for new replies or respond here...