inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calvin Wilkerson?

Written By: Brian Kelly on 06/12/21 at 7:49 pm

I had a submission in Song Titles Not Used As Lyrics for "Red Sweater Chronicles" by Calvin Wilkerson. I was about to accept it, but then I noticed that the submission was from a user who's been known for submitting entries for non-existent artists (Erica Wang and the Dead for example). A search for the artist and song at Wikipedia turned up nothing. Any idea if this is a real artist?

Subject: Re: Calvin Wilkerson?

Written By: nally on 06/12/21 at 10:38 pm

I would just delete all submissions with that performer name.

Just out of curiosity, did you try to search for it on allmusic.com?  If it's not there, just reject 'em.

Subject: Re: Calvin Wilkerson?

Written By: nally on 05/03/22 at 10:17 pm

Again I received another submission with that performer name. I'm still rejecting them.

Also, please reject all submissions from submitter "Burger King Corporation"; that person seems to be submitting blatantly made-up stuff. (Note to other editors: If you see a submission from said submitter in any sections that you edit, please get rid of it.)

Check for new replies or respond here...