inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where did our old members go?

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/16/22 at 1:01 pm

I’ve been on here since the late 00s or so, perhaps 2009 or 2010. We used to, even as recently as 2020, be really bustling with a good number of members. But it seems a lot of people have left in the past few years or stopped posting. Some were banned or deleted their accounts like TheEarly90sGuy

The question is, why? Why are things seeming to wind down here and what can be done about it?

I ask because I love this forum. I view it as a treasure trove of knowledge, and I miss a lot of our former members :(

Written By: Dude111 on 03/16/22 at 8:23 pm

I wonder if some older members have come back under different handles?

Subject: Re: Where did our old members go?

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/18/22 at 2:57 pm

I always used this forum solely for private correspondence with AIR participants. Unfortunately, that portion of the population that was fun and non-rightwing, and my parody writing desires, have dried up considerably.

I just popped in here today to see what, if anything, was happening. Obvioiusly not much.

Some parody writers hang out at Facebook occasionally now.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/18/22 at 9:56 pm

I've wondered myself. In my case, 20 years is a long time, and my (creative) interests have been spent elsewhere. I don't think of parody ideas that much anymore. It was like, what is there to even talk about anymore besides Covid, and now Ukraine? (I do have an idea for a parody I'm hashing out.)

I guess everybody just moved on. Even Weird Al hasn't released an album in eight years, unless you count the Hamilton Polka. And Bob Rivers is retired.

Written By: Dude111 on 03/19/22 at 3:35 pm

I dunno why anyone would wanna leave??

Now that we have Cat here as co-admin basically (She is so nice) why would anyone wanna go??

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 04/13/22 at 6:59 pm

I figured it was because people were sick of getting 1-bombed, but it seems like it's only me and Susanna Viljanen who suffer that ignominious fate nowadays.

Written By: Arch Vile on 04/15/22 at 9:31 am

Seems like there are way too many trolls that for some reason forgot where their funny bone is.  Either that or that bone has been broken from their bodies and enjoy bringing pain to others.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/16/22 at 8:45 pm

Probably just moved on to other things like me. I still think about this site and will lurk a little bit here and there.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/17/22 at 3:23 am

Amright blew up with new parodies just a few days ago. There were probably 20 parodies in one day. It felt like 2006 again.

My last few parodies (even the ones that aren't political) have gotten 1-bombed. Either that or someone really doesn't like Halloween III. :D

Written By: K1chyd on 04/17/22 at 9:17 am

Pop/Rock/Music doesn't have the same cultural importance as it used to do, hence parody music haft left the building for the same reasons.

I pop in here (pun intended) now and then, even write the occasional parody for old times sake, and I'm glad the site still exists - though I do have a hard time getting into the new writers' stuff when it's based on what passes for "hits" these days.

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/30/22 at 9:57 pm

Amright blew up with new parodies just a few days ago. There were probably 20 parodies in one day. It felt like 2006 again.

My last few parodies (even the ones that aren't political) have gotten 1-bombed. Either that or someone really doesn't like Halloween III. :D

I got a vote-trolling brigade with my "Mr. Crowley" parody about J.K. Rowling and her transphobic rants lately, but idk if the troll is doing it merely to sow discord or if it had anything to do with the sociopolitical themes of the parody.

I'm still doing parodies on occasion, but not as enthusiastically as I was some sixteen to eighteen years ago (I was making parodies under different handles before settling on my current username).

Check for new replies or respond here...