inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New site, new messageboard

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/30/06 at 8:08 pm

If you have any problems with any of the quizzes on am I wrong (doesn't work, bad answer/question, etc) please post about it on this board.

If you have any suggestions at all, I want to hear them here as well.

Subject: Re: New site, new messageboard

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/30/06 at 8:16 pm

I wanted to point out (for history's sake) that the site opened up with 3464 quizzes on it's first day.

It's about 6500 or so less than I had hoped to create, but I got a little impatient (plus I think shooting for 10,000 quizzes was a little nuts on my part anyways).  I think my new goal is to create another 1000 or so by the end of September.

Written By: nally on 08/30/06 at 11:18 pm

So...a new forum, huh?

I checked out the Amiwrong site earlier today....it's awesome! :D 8) I've tried my hand at a couple of the quizzes. Maybe tomorrow I'll do some more of them.

By the way, I notice you moved the PBG, Penguin Quizzes, and Penguin Ratings to the "am i wrong" category.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/31/06 at 6:46 am

So...a new forum, huh?

I checked out the Amiwrong site earlier today....it's awesome! :D 8) I've tried my hand at a couple of the quizzes. Maybe tomorrow I'll do some more of them.

By the way, I notice you moved the PBG, Penguin Quizzes, and Penguin Ratings to the "am i wrong" category.

yeah, I figured the games all belong with the new site, since the site itself is a game site.

Written By: Stompgal on 08/31/06 at 8:21 am

Is there a website called Am I Wrong?

Written By: nally on 08/31/06 at 11:34 am

Is there a website called Am I Wrong?

Yes there is... www.amiwrong.com ;)

Chucky just launched it a few days ago.

Written By: Abix on 09/03/06 at 1:08 am

I just checked it out.. and I could be there for hours, just playing hangman:)

Written By: nally on 09/03/06 at 7:09 pm

Wow, I didn't even notice the hangman. I just went there and tried out one of the hangman puzzles.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/06 at 1:46 pm

Hey Chucky,

I'm wondering if there is anything you can include so we know which quizzes we have done already? Maybe something like a little check mark that we can click after we have done a quiz?

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/10/06 at 4:45 pm

Hey Chucky,

I'm wondering if there is anything you can include so we know which quizzes we have done already? Maybe something like a little check mark that we can click after we have done a quiz?

hmm... not a bad idea. The color should change when you visit a link, unless I didn't do that right in the style sheet.

When I designed the site, I debated whether or not I should set up a scoring system for people, but knew that if I did, people would cheat at it just to brag, so I didn't do it.  A "completion" system though, might be interesting, I could let people know which they've done without saving the scores, thus eliminating the whole "look at me, I scored all 100% on the quizzes" nonsense.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/06 at 5:08 pm

I tried to complete one of the "drag & paste" quizzes--MAtch The Actor to the movie #1--but I couldn't drag the last name down to the bottom of the list to complete my last answer. The screen length is too big, and one can't scroll down while dragging the choice.  :(

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/06 at 9:44 pm

I tried to complete one of the "drag & paste" quizzes--MAtch The Actor to the movie #1--but I couldn't drag the last name down to the bottom of the list to complete my last answer. The screen length is too big, and one can't scroll down while dragging the choice.  :(

It's the text size in your browser, you have it set high, and a low resolution monitor.

I'm going to add a font size selection on the site this week, since you're not the first person to mention problems with the site being too big for your browser window.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/06 at 9:22 am

It's the text size in your browser, you have it set high, and a low resolution monitor.

I'm going to add a font size selection on the site this week, since you're not the first person to mention problems with the site being too big for your browser window.

here's a test with three links that let you change the font size:

http://www.amiwrong.com/music/albums/EltonJohnTest.shtml

it's one of the longest matching quizzes on the site, so on even with the small font setting on an 800x600 resolution monitor you may still have issues.

When you change the font size, you may need to refresh the browser (if the boxes around the options disappear)

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/20/06 at 12:41 pm

here's a test with three links that let you change the font size:

Awesome work, Chucky!  8)

By switching to smallest font, I was able to get every choice selected (just barely getting the last one in). If the quizzes are lengthier than that, I will adjust my own browser.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/06 at 1:26 pm

Awesome work, Chucky!  8)

By switching to smallest font, I was able to get every choice selected (just barely getting the last one in). If the quizzes are lengthier than that, I will adjust my own browser.

The Elton John one has 20 entries, which I made the maximum for matching quizzes, so that should be fine.

congrats on a 1,000 posts on inthe00s too

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/20/06 at 2:48 pm

The Elton John one has 20 entries, which I made the maximum for matching quizzes, so that should be fine.

congrats on a 1,000 posts on inthe00s too

Well I'll be hornswoggled! Here's post 1001, then!  :D

Written By: nally on 10/03/06 at 9:56 am

Well I'll be hornswoggled! Here's post 1001, then!   :D

Wow, you just got a thousand? Okay, I may be a little late for this, but congratz. O0