inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which quizzes have been taken the most?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/05/06 at 11:27 am

http://amiwrong.com/quiz_totals.shtml

It's only updated once in a while (so no point in check it frequently), but this is an overview of which sections see the most activity since the second day of the site being open.

I was not aware the Match the Song title with the band section was so popular.

I thought the "which came first" would be more popular than it is.

Subject: Re: Which quizzes have been taken the most?

Written By: whistledog on 09/05/06 at 9:42 pm

I've been answering alot of those Band Nationality quizzes.  Some of those questions get confusing as some bands are made up of members from different countries.  I answered Steppenwolf as Canadian, and it said I was wrong ;D

Subject: Re: Which quizzes have been taken the most?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/06/06 at 8:17 am

I've been answering alot of those Band Nationality quizzes.  Some of those questions get confusing as some bands are made up of members from different countries.  I answered Steppenwolf as Canadian, and it said I was wrong ;D

The Pretenders are a similar type of band, where the lead singer is a well known resident of Ohio for her childhood, but ended up forming her band in England, so is considered an English band, not American.

It's one of the reasons why I broke it down by country only.  I do have more specific data (ie. LA band, New York band) but figured that would make nearly impossible quizzes.  Though I may still do a small section with only the best known groups, you still end up with those weird situtations.  Aerosmith is considered to be a Boston, MA band, because almost all of their original line up is from there, and they began playing the clubs there, but Steven Tyler is from New York.  I think in their case though, Boston officially adopted Tyler and made him a Red Sox fan.

Check for new replies or respond here...