inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New quizzes... probably too tough - TV actors

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/06 at 1:33 pm

I might change these, but I'm putting them up there to see what people think.

http://www.amiwrong.com/television/actorshow/

I might have to remove a bunch of entries, since it turns out most TV shows don't seem to have well known actors/actresses.  Shame too, I spent a ton of time coming up with a list of TV shows and casts, only to notice that I didn't know a lot of the names.  I'm not sure if that's because I'm more of a music geek, or just a lot of TV shows use unknowns.

so yeah, I'd appreciate any/all feedback on this one.

Subject: Re: New quizzes... probably too tough - TV actors

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/20/06 at 2:57 pm

There is also the issue of calling someone an actor when they are actually the host of a reality TV show (Amazing Race, Monster Truck) in one of your 2000s quizzes. I got 2 wrong in that one, so I'm not really complaining.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/06 at 3:02 pm

There is also the issue of calling someone an actor when they are actually the host of a reality TV show (Amazing Race, Monster Truck) in one of your 2000s quizzes. I got 2 wrong in that one, so I'm not really complaining.

I think they still call them actors in most of the places I've seen them listed.  imdb I think just says people for their database, maybe that's how I could handle it?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/06 at 8:14 pm

I thought these would be too tough, but most of the people who have taken them so far have pretty high scores.  Good to see.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/21/06 at 8:30 am

I think they still call them actors in most of the places I've seen them listed.  imdb I think just says people for their database, maybe that's how I could handle it?

Or call the category "TV Personalities".

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/21/06 at 8:31 am

Or call the category "TV Personalities".

yeah, that would work

Written By: KKay on 09/21/06 at 8:55 am

they're not too hard. it hink they are great...i got 100, 70 and 70...and I"m no expert.

Written By: Abix on 09/21/06 at 11:48 am

I love these things. I spend hours doing each one. I'll tell ya, I know a heck of alot of 70's and 80's tv. TV as a babysitter back then?? I'm beginning to think so.
Two technical things I'd like to comment on.
1. I like the quizzes changing color after clicking on them, so that you can keep track where you left off.
2. There seems to be a little glitch where you get near the end of the quiz and are down to the last two names,  and you go to drag and drop, and they won't drop. They bounce back to the list. I have tried reset a few times, but it's frustrating having to start over several times. Any way to fix this?
Otherwise, no complaints on these quizzes. I love them.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/21/06 at 3:17 pm

I played a couple of the 80's TV quizzes (got 60% on one and 70% on the other) but I realized that I haven't heard of a lot of these shows/actors... :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/06 at 3:43 pm

I did a bunch of the 2000s ones, and did surprising well considering I don't know much about supporting cast in several of those shows

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/21/06 at 5:19 pm

I played a couple of the 80's TV quizzes (got 60% on one and 70% on the other) but I realized that I haven't heard of a lot of these shows/actors... :-\\

Most of the shows I know, but the actors I get totally stumped on.

Almost every show listed ran for at least one seasons, most are longer than that.  The round 2 should be way harder, since they aren't all leading performers.

TV networks will be coming real soon.  I'm having a bit of a problem though, since the 60s and 70s only have three choices instead of four (and most of the 80s really shouldn't have fox as a choice).  I know the software can handle it, I just have to tweak it a little bit.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/22/06 at 7:40 am

I had a play of some - I thought they were ok  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...