inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Quiz award

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/02/06 at 11:05 am

if you reach 25 or more quizzes on amIwrong, let me know on the messageboard, and I'll add a quiz badge to your profile.

If you have the most quizzes on amIwrong, you get the title of QuizMaster.  I haven't thought of a second title for the people who reach 25 or more quizzes yet.

Subject: Re: Quiz award

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 3:15 pm

if you reach 25 or more quizzes on amIwrong, let me know on the messageboard, and I'll add a quiz badge to your profile.

If you have the most quizzes on amIwrong, you get the title of QuizMaster.  I haven't thought of a second title for the people who reach 25 or more quizzes yet.

Does it tell us on the AmiWrong site how many quizzes we have submitted?  I just submitted one

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/10/06 at 4:56 pm

Does it tell us on the AmiWrong site how many quizzes we have submitted?  I just submitted one

One the quizzes are approved, you'll see the number of quizzes you have on your quiz author page index.  I set it up like amIright in that regard, which probably doesn't mean much to you since you're mostly on inthe00s

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/06 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for the medal Chucky :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/14/06 at 12:04 am

Thanks for the medal Chucky :)
Congrats Jason. 

Written By: Max Power on 11/30/06 at 6:11 pm

Will there be an award for people who answers them?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/30/06 at 6:14 pm

Will there be an award for people who answers them?

nope.  just for people who make 25 or more.  It's too easy for people to inflate their scores, etc.

Written By: KKay on 01/12/07 at 8:44 pm

I"m working on it! ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 01/12/07 at 10:08 pm

Please match the left to the right  ;D

I have reached 25 quizzes  <------------------------->  FussBudget

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/07 at 10:23 pm

Please match the left to the right  ;D

I have reached 25 quizzes   <------------------------->   FussBudget

;D

Written By: lpg_unit on 01/13/07 at 7:51 pm

Hey Chucky, how come I couldn't find my quiz entitled "Madeline Trivia Quiz"? I saw it once, but I cannot find it after a day or two. Can you please find it for me?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/07 at 9:05 pm

Hey Chucky, how come I couldn't find my quiz entitled "Madeline Trivia Quiz"? I saw it once, but I cannot find it after a day or two. Can you please find it for me?

It's in the misc section:

http://www.amiwrong.com/misc/custom/

and can be found here
http://www.amiwrong.com/misc/custom/Madeline-Trivia-Quiz-1167472700.shtml

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/07 at 9:33 pm

found a bug tonight too... you should have had an author's page.  However, when you submitted your quiz you put it in the wrong section.  So I moved it.  By putting it in two locations like that, it got confused and just didn't count it towards your quiz total.  Probably affected anyone else who had a quiz moved from one section to another.

Written By: lpg_unit on 01/17/07 at 6:13 am

It's in the misc section:

http://www.amiwrong.com/misc/custom/

and can be found here
http://www.amiwrong.com/misc/custom/Madeline-Trivia-Quiz-1167472700.shtml

Thankz for the reply, Monsieur Chucky, I really appreciate your site. Also, please help me with my upcoming Visual Basic projects, such as a little Sims enhancement program...I'll tell the details later if you like...

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/17/07 at 9:10 am

Thankz for the reply, Monsieur Chucky, I really appreciate your site. Also, please help me with my upcoming Visual Basic projects, such as a little Sims enhancement program...I'll tell the details later if you like...

While I'd love to, I know I'm too busy to be helping with anyone's programming work right now.  I'm embarrased I even know VB, let alone still code in it.  The server moves have been killing me really.  I had a nice three day weekend because of MLK's birthday, and I spent most of it near the computer trying to configure the servers properly and making sure everything got backed up properly. 

Hopefully I won't be moving the sites to another server for at least another year or two.  Seems to be needed every two or three years.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/07 at 11:28 am

YAY! I've finally reached 25 quizzes! This is really fun. :)

Written By: KKay on 01/18/07 at 1:00 pm

ahhhh!!! I gotta get to work!!!  Quiz time!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 8:37 am

Well, I've made 27 quizzes....do I get a shiny new medal? ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/07/07 at 8:50 am

Well, I've made 27 quizzes....do I get a shiny new medal? ;D

er, I screwed yours up. It looks like you have two highlighted medals instead of one of each.  So I'll fix that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 9:04 am

er, I screwed yours up. It looks like you have two highlighted medals instead of one of each.  So I'll fix that.

Oh, I had just assumed that I had the two of those medals because I had 2 topics that were featured on the frontpage. :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/07/07 at 9:24 am

Oh, I had just assumed that I had the two of those medals because I had 2 topics that were featured on the frontpage. :D

I'd like to do that, but I only have so much space in the field that saves those, and I think I'd run out of space eventually.

I thought about trying to make images that have little stars or something above them to indicate the number, that would get me past that problem I guess.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 9:38 am

I'd like to do that, but I only have so much space in the field that saves those, and I think I'd run out of space eventually.

I thought about trying to make images that have little stars or something above them to indicate the number, that would get me past that problem I guess.

no problem, Chucky. :)

Written By: Max Power on 04/23/07 at 7:55 pm

Make one based on difficulty of the quiz.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/20/08 at 4:45 am

Hello!

Better late than never!

Could I please redeem your offer of a 25 or more quizzes award ?

:)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/20/08 at 8:25 pm

Hello!

Better late than never!

Could I please redeem your offer of a 25 or more quizzes award ?

:)

but you already have a quiz award?

why do I feel like the good witch in Oz saying that?

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/08 at 9:16 pm

but you already have a quiz award?

why do I feel like the good witch in Oz saying that?

Perhaps Luke wants a 2nd medal.  He does have over 60 quizzes ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/21/08 at 3:19 am

Me confused

I could have sworn when I asked, I only had one.

How embarrassment  :-\\

Or did I ??  :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/08 at 9:15 am

Me confused

I could have sworn when I asked, I only had one.

How embarrassment  :-\\

Or did I ??  :P

you mean one medal total, or one quiz medal?  I've only been handing out one medal no matter how many quizzes someone does... only because I don't think there's room to display multiple ones.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/21/08 at 3:38 pm

you mean one medal total, or one quiz medal?  I've only been handing out one medal no matter how many quizzes someone does... only because I don't think there's room to display multiple ones.

No, seriously, where you now see two (an E and a ?) I honestly thought at the time I asked I only had the E for my past Editor's work.  Hence my request for the ?

Now I am wondering if the ? shouldn't stand for the fact I seem to be going crazy  :D :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/08 at 7:39 pm

No, seriously, where you now see two (an E and a ?) I honestly thought at the time I asked I only had the E for my past Editor's work.  Hence my request for the ?

Now I am wondering if the ? shouldn't stand for the fact I seem to be going crazy  :D :P

probably the browser not loading it... sometimes it will just time out

Check for new replies or respond here...