inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New "latest quizzes" for the front of amIwrong/amIright

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/16/06 at 1:10 pm

Now, instead of the last five quizzes, I will be compiling the newest quizzes since the last quiz update.  Here's how it works:

I log into the site in the morning, I approve all the new quizzes and generate the indexes for the site.  I then run a script which looks for all the quizzes that haven't got a second timestamp.  I assign it a second timestamp that matches the current day, and then generate the "latest entries". 

If for some reason I have to update the quizzes during the day, a new quiz might appear in the user submitted indexes, even though it's not appearing on the front of the site.  This is normal, it will appear on the front page of the site the next day like it would have if I hadn't updated the quizzes early.

Not sure if I've tested it thoroughly enough yet, but I'll know by the end of the week I guess.

Check for new replies or respond here...