inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Put in a duplicate IP check

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/26/06 at 2:36 pm

I've already seen one or two cases where someone clearly just sits there hitting refresh to try and screw with the statistics.  Suprisingly none of the Pearl Jam ones were dupes, it was all the fark ones.  Even if you don't subtract the fark dupes, the Pearl Jam folks played that first PJ quiz4 times as much as the fark one.  And the fark one was super easy for people who visit that site.  Pretty pathetic.

I wondered if anyone would really be bored enough to bother, since I don't reward people for the number of times a quiz is taken with a higher position or anything.

Subject: Re: Put in a duplicate IP check

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/06 at 2:43 pm

I've already seen one or two cases where someone clearly just sits there hitting refresh to try and screw with the statistics. 

It's funny/stupid how people do that.  The time they waste, my god!

I've often wondered of the Quizzes I submit, are they really getting those numbers, or are people just doing the quiz over and over again

Written By: nally on 10/26/06 at 2:52 pm

People are cheating with these quizzes? :o :o

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/26/06 at 3:12 pm

It's funny/stupid how people do that.  The time they waste, my god!

I've often wondered of the Quizzes I submit, are they really getting those numbers, or are people just doing the quiz over and over again

I've only noticed three quizzes with this problem, and I adjusted them each time. 

I'm pretty sure your quiz results are probably pretty accurate.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/26/06 at 3:13 pm

People are cheating with these quizzes? :o :o

a couple times, not many though, and certainly not anymore

Check for new replies or respond here...