inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Halfway through the movie quotes... will someone try these?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/06 at 10:10 am

The more movie quizzes I sort through, the more worried I am that the quizzes are going to be nearly impossible.  I whipped up a bunch of 1980s quizzes.

http://www.amiwrong.com/movies/quotes/quiz-1980.shtml

could a few people try these and let me know if they think they're too difficult?

Subject: Re: Halfway through the movie quotes... will someone try these?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/01/06 at 11:38 am

The more movie quizzes I sort through, the more worried I am that the quizzes are going to be nearly impossible.  I whipped up a bunch of 1980s quizzes.

could a few people try these and let me know if they think they're too difficult?

I struggled.  But I have a hard time remembering my address, let alone movie quotes...  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/06 at 11:56 am

I struggled.  But I have a hard time remembering my address, let alone movie quotes...  ;)

my problem is, once I've compiled the quotes, I don't really know if the reason the quizzes don't seem hard to me is because I've seen the answers recently, or if it's because they're obvious enough. 

Movies also aren't my thing as much as music, so I'm a much better judge of those quizzes.  I just want to get through it at this point and begin the lyrics quizzes.

Written By: Abix on 11/01/06 at 12:05 pm

They aren't too hard. You just have to know your movies. I like that you've used movies that aren't necessarily 'mainstream'. Very cool. thanks. I always enjoy these.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/01/06 at 12:06 pm

my problem is, once I've compiled the quotes, I don't really know if the reason the quizzes don't seem hard to me is because I've seen the answers recently, or if it's because they're obvious enough. 

Movies also aren't my thing as much as music, so I'm a much better judge of those quizzes.  I just want to get through it at this point and begin the lyrics quizzes.

I am also a lot more into music (can't wait for the lyrics quizzes! :D)  I'm sure there are several other members who will not only get all of the movie quotes, but will also love the quizzes.  You did a great job!

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/06 at 12:30 pm

I am also a lot more into music (can't wait for the lyrics quizzes! :D)  I'm sure there are several other members who will not only get all of the movie quotes, but will also love the quizzes.  You did a great job!

You make it sound final, I'm not done.  That's only half of the 80s, it'll be like the other movie sections, going back to the 30s and up to present day.  I'll be replacing them all in a couple weeks once I finish working through all the movies.  glad people think they aren't impossible.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/06 at 12:30 pm

They aren't too hard. You just have to know your movies. I like that you've used movies that aren't necessarily 'mainstream'. Very cool. thanks. I always enjoy these.

I did try and stick to well known movies, or at least movies with well known people.

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/06 at 1:33 pm

They are challenging, but not totally difficult.  I was shocked.  I did one for 1985, and got 9 out of 10 :o

Written By: Abix on 11/01/06 at 1:47 pm

I did them all ! :)  the worst was in 1982 I got 40% and the best was also 1982 with 83%

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/06 at 2:29 pm

They are challenging, but not totally difficult.  I was shocked.  I did one for 1985, and got 9 out of 10 :o

cool.  ok... if you guys can do most of them with reasonable scores, I don't feel like I've been wasting my time on them.  Maybe I'll even get them finished up by the end of next week.  That totally gives me the confidence to keep moving on them.

Written By: Abix on 11/01/06 at 6:02 pm

cool.  ok... if you guys can do most of them with reasonable scores, I don't feel like I've been wasting my time on them.  Maybe I'll even get them finished up by the end of next week.  That totally gives me the confidence to keep moving on them.

I love these quizzes. Keep em coming.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/06 at 7:01 pm

I love these quizzes. Keep em coming.

will do.  I'm going to re-release them all once I finish.  Unfortunately it's time consuming, but I should get there soon.

Check for new replies or respond here...