inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Multi-Quizzes?

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/06 at 3:25 am

Will there ever be a feature to let us make quizzes that combine all the elements?  Like if I wanted a quiz that had both T/F questions as well as Multiple Choice?

Subject: Re: Multi-Quizzes?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/06 at 7:00 am

Will there ever be a feature to let us make quizzes that combine all the elements?  Like if I wanted a quiz that had both T/F questions as well as Multiple Choice?

it can probably be done, but I hadn't considered it.  I'll have to put that on the wish list for now.

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/06 at 2:34 pm

it can probably be done, but I hadn't considered it.  I'll have to put that on the wish list for now.

Cool 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/06 at 3:21 pm

Cool 8)

might be even sooner than I let on.  So long as we're talking mixed multiple-choice and true false.  Matching and/or sorting would be more work than I care to do (sure it's possible, but it'll require a large rewrite). 

The true/false and matching quizzes however are quite alike, and I think maybe what I'll do is merge the seperate categories, and then let people select one or three false answers on a per question basis.  I think that keeps the amount of work I need to do to a minimum, and still provides some useful variation.

I'm also thinking of increasing the maximum amount of questions to something larger, like 25 or maybe 50?

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/06 at 3:42 pm

might be even sooner than I let on.  So long as we're talking mixed multiple-choice and true false.   Matching and/or sorting would be more work than I care to do (sure it's possible, but it'll require a large rewrite). 

The true/false and matching quizzes however are quite alike, and I think maybe what I'll do is merge the seperate categories, and then let people select one or three false answers on a per question basis.  I think that keeps the amount of work I need to do to a minimum, and still provides some useful variation.

I'm also thinking of increasing the maximum amount of questions to something larger, like 25 or maybe 50?

Just multi-choice and T/F was what I was thinking.  It would get to confusing to have match and sort questions in there as well lol

50 questions in a quiz.  That's something :o  I usually only do 10 questions per quiz so that way I can make more sequels to a quiz and build up my quiz count ;D

With the matching quizzes, i tend to stick to a low number anyhow, cause when you have to scroll down for more to match, it gets difficult to move them

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/06 at 6:47 pm

Just multi-choice and T/F was what I was thinking.  It would get to confusing to have match and sort questions in there as well lol

50 questions in a quiz.  That's something :o  I usually only do 10 questions per quiz so that way I can make more sequels to a quiz and build up my quiz count ;D

With the matching quizzes, i tend to stick to a low number anyhow, cause when you have to scroll down for more to match, it gets difficult to move them

For the matching quizzes, 20 is the max no matter what anyways.  I bumped it up to 25 tonight, I figure that's a slightly more interesting number anyways. 

I also added some new links for the true/false and matching quizzes.  You can now add/subtract incorrect answers from individual questions.  Let me know how that works out.

Check for new replies or respond here...