inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If I enable comments for quizzes...

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/26/06 at 3:14 pm

Should I allow quiz makers to prevent comments on their quizzes?

I do it on amIright due to the controversial nature of political parodies... but even there, I feel like it's more of a hinderance than anything else.

I think what I'm going to do, is put the comments on a seperate page, and leave a link on the quiz to view/leave a comment.  That way, if someone is complaining about an answer, it's only visable to someone if they click to read the comments.

Subject: Re: If I enable comments for quizzes...

Written By: Tia on 12/26/06 at 3:23 pm

on youtube they give you an option to put up comments only with the approval of the person who put up the movie. maybe you could try something like that?

Written By: KKay on 12/26/06 at 3:25 pm

that's a good idea.
i find most of the time comments are detailed nitpicking that makes no real difference...it's distracitng to players, but it would be good for the author to read.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/26/06 at 4:10 pm

on youtube they give you an option to put up comments only with the approval of the person who put up the movie. maybe you could try something like that?

that's how amIright works as well.  I've noticed very few youTube videos without comments.  I think I'm going to just make it default to comments on all quizzes until it causes issues.

Check for new replies or respond here...