inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New section!!! Album cover guess

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/15/08 at 8:48 pm

Album Cover Band Guess

Given an obscured/altered album cover, can you guess which band recorded it? 

Now accepting new entries!  You don't even need Photoshop, just use MS Paint and draw some black boxes over the words or other identifying items on the album cover.  Feel free to be creative.

Been awhile since I added a new type of section to amIwrong, thinking about doing some more in the future.  Originally I was going to add this to amIright (and even used a lot of the scripts from that site needed for this).  However it's a game, so it really belongs on amIwrong.  The real or fake band name thing does too, but since it's based around names, I'm leaving it on amIright. 

I haven't tied these quizzes into the author pages yet, but will at some point.  I also need to make it split over multiple pages, but won't be writing that part until after there's a few dozen entries in there.

Subject: Re: New section!!! Album cover guess

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/23/08 at 2:22 pm

a big thank you to Kristof Robinson for the first submissions to the new section (aside from my friend Dave who submitted one before the section was available to the general public).  I'm kind of surprised more people haven't submitted album covers, it's easier than doing a photoshop.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/14/08 at 7:38 am

I'm kind of surprised more people haven't submitted album covers, it's easier than doing a photoshop.

I agree!  Chuck has made this ultra-easy for anyone wanting to have a go.  Any windows PC comes with MSPaint, that's all you need to do what is required.  The rest is done at Chuck's end. 

Give it a go!  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/14/08 at 9:02 am

I agree!  Chuck has made this ultra-easy for anyone wanting to have a go.  Any windows PC comes with MSPaint, that's all you need to do what is required.  The rest is done at Chuck's end. 

Give it a go!  :)

thanks for all the submissions by the way.  I did some work on the section yesterday to split it up so there's only ten to a page (lots of images make pages really big and slow). 

I plan on adding a "leaderboard" to track how many each person has submitted.  I think you'll be heading that one up at this rate.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/14/08 at 9:31 pm

thanks for all the submissions by the way.  I did some work on the section yesterday to split it up so there's only ten to a page (lots of images make pages really big and slow). 

I plan on adding a "leaderboard" to track how many each person has submitted.  I think you'll be heading that one up at this rate.

Hurrah  :)  I think I have just encountered the 15 minutes of fame that Andy Warhol said we would each have  :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/14/08 at 9:32 pm

Hurrah  :)  I think I have just encountered the 15 minutes of fame that Andy Warhol said we would each have  :P

too bad that's a misquote... he was talking about the people he was putting in his low budget movies at the time... he never meant everyone got 15 minutes... even though it seems that way sometimes.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/15/08 at 3:24 am

too bad that's a misquote... he was talking about the people he was putting in his low budget movies at the time... he never meant everyone got 15 minutes... even though it seems that way sometimes.

Alright then, to quote Gilbert Chesterton (whoever the hell he was anyway):

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly"

So that's what I did!

8)

Someone else said "Beggars can't be choosers", so I'll take the 15 minutes anyway  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/15/08 at 11:57 am

Alright then, to quote Gilbert Chesterton (whoever the hell he was anyway):

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly"

So that's what I did!

8)

Someone else said "Beggars can't be choosers", so I'll take the 15 minutes anyway  ;)

Well I put in that top ten listing of contributors today... a little too easy, I should have done it sooner. 

I wish there was another album cover game I could create with the software now that I got it all pretty smoothed out.

Written By: mooster on 08/16/08 at 1:09 am

I submitted some today, but afterwards, I noticed that I'd inadvertently doubled up on one of FussBudet's - not sure if that's a problem ?  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/16/08 at 6:50 am

I submitted some today, but afterwards, I noticed that I'd inadvertently doubled up on one of FussBudet's - not sure if that's a problem ?  :-\\

not really sure....  I guess that would be kind of pointless.  not something I thought of when I designed it

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/16/08 at 8:18 pm

not really sure....  I guess that would be kind of pointless.  not something I thought of when I designed it

;D Ha!  Mooster is trying to ride on the coat-tails of my 15 minutes of fame  :P :P :P ;D

Written By: mooster on 08/16/08 at 9:27 pm

;D Ha!  Mooster is trying to ride on the coat-tails of my 15 minutes of fame  :P :P :P ;D

Ah rats ! :P  Foiled again ! :D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...