inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Transphobia

Written By: 90s Guy on 01/17/22 at 2:50 pm

Hi

Something I noticed in a thread about Demi Lovato were basically dismissive jokes about their pronouns, that they seem mentally ill, etc.
I was wondering if we could specifically ban transphobia on this forum, or language that may be invalidating to trans or non-binary people? For example a rule clearly stating to respect someone's pronouns and not misgender them?

Thx

Subject: Re: Transphobia

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/06/22 at 4:54 pm

I second this. There's also the issue of deadnaming (referring to a trans/NB person's former name). I personally would make exceptions if the person in question was famous under their deadname (e.g. Caitlyn Jenner, Wendy Carlos, Elliot Page).

I'm an admin on Uncyclopedia, and one of our admins transitioned about a year ago. She has deleted nearly all instances of her deadname from the wiki, even going so far as historical revisionism.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/22 at 6:30 pm

Are you talking about Am I Wrong or Inthe00s?

If it is Am I Wrong, I can't help you. If it is Inthe00s, report posts that are offensive.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/06/22 at 8:57 pm

Are you talking about Am I Wrong or Inthe00s?

If it is Am I Wrong, I can't help you. If it is Inthe00s, report posts that are offensive.

Cat

I think he posted this thread in the wrong section. He probably wasn't sure which one to put it in...but based on the content of the opening post, it seems more suited for TTT. Am I Wrong is one of this site's associated sites, just like Inthe80s and AmIRight. The subject of transphobia has nothing to do with Am I Wrong. (AIW is a site devoted to trivia about music, movies, and television, and the users can take quizzes based on it.)

Written By: karen on 03/07/22 at 2:17 am

There was a post in the 2020s that sparked the OPs post

Check for new replies or respond here...