inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Welcome to the new site

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 7:56 am

Sorry it took me so long to get the new site up and running.  I wasn't planning on starting the new software for at least a few more weeks.  I'm not even sure the old messageboard was entirely responsible for the problems the other server was having.

Due to the problems with the old board, the messages could not be imported into this one.  That also goes for user accounts.  Your post counts are gone (sorry!).  Everyone's on equal footing, and I won't be changing anyone's post counts.

You'll notice I didn't add a voting forum.  It's not needed, feel free to post a voting topic on any board you like.  If people still want a seperate forum for just crazy voting stuff, I'll add one.

There's also no need to terminate a thread once it hits a fix number of posts like we used to with the older software.

Anyways, I'm still working on the site, trying to set things up.  Feel free to ask questions, though I probably won't know the answer.

Subject: Re: Welcome to the new site

Written By: mandamoo on 04/21/04 at 8:38 am

Looking good, Chucky ! 8) :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 8:53 am

new features I'm just discovering as I pop around in the software:

you can UPLOAD your avatar picture to the server, instead of having to find hosting space somewhere for it.

there's a spell check now incase you didn't notice... I think it's not working right though

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/21/04 at 8:57 am

you can UPLOAD your avatar picture to the server, instead of having to find hosting space somewhere for it.

there's a spell check now incase you didn't notice... I think it's not working right though

"incase"

So I see heh heh....  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 9:01 am

"incase"

So I see heh heh....  ;D

yeah, well it only works if you actually hit the button...  it checks quoted messages, which I personally don't care for.  The software is still beta, so do expect some things to not work 100%.  It's still way better than what I was using before, and is much easier to upgrade.  Hopefully we won't be losing all the messages again when I upgrade as a result.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/21/04 at 9:09 am

It's really great ChuckyG. Thanks !

:D

SmithsGirl

Written By: Davy Boy Smith on 04/21/04 at 9:11 am

Test for spelling check....

Ode to Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marks four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My checker tolled me sew.

Looks OK on my end...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 9:13 am

Everyone should give a big thanks out to DavyBoySmith.  He's been struggling with the stuff I haven't had time to fix lately.  Without his work on the email system this week, the site would still be down.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/21/04 at 9:18 am

Thanks DavyBoySmith!  ;D

SmithsGirl

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 04/21/04 at 10:18 am

Pretty cool new site Chucky.  It's a shame all the posts were lost from the old board though.  Is anything archived? 

Are all those memories and stuff we added to the 80's section and 90's section lost too?  (Like "Why I love the 80's", "I Remember Challenger", "Reasons for Children of the 80's to Feel Old", etc, etc.)??

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 10:24 am

Pretty cool new site Chucky.  It's a shame all the posts were lost from the old board though.  Is anything archived? 

Are all those memories and stuff we added to the 80's section and 90's section lost too?  (Like "Why I love the 80's", "I Remember Challenger", "Reasons for Children of the 80's to Feel Old", etc, etc.)??

the stuff added to the inthe80s website (and 70s and 90s) are unaffected (though the server is still acting up).  The inthe00s messages are archived at http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/21/04 at 12:21 pm

A big hand to Chucky and DavyBoySmith!!!  8)

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/21/04 at 12:24 pm

Glad its up and going. :D

Written By: theRealJimA on 04/21/04 at 1:01 pm

where's all the green bits gone then?  ::) ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/21/04 at 1:12 pm

A link to take people back to amiright.com would be great.  As I said at the Song Parody Forum elsewhere...Nice job! Thanks ChuckyG!  8)

Written By: Saider E. on 04/21/04 at 2:01 pm

:o Wow. much improved. me like-y

Written By: onaree on 04/21/04 at 2:31 pm

Chucky,  you've done such a great job!  I'm so glad we are up and running again.  I've missed everyone.  Thanks for taking care of us.

Written By: nally on 04/21/04 at 2:50 pm

Wow! Cool site! It's a shame we lost all our post counts/etc... I think I had 782.

Anyway, thanks, Chucky!

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/21/04 at 3:32 pm

It's nice to be back! ;D

Written By: wilma917 on 04/21/04 at 4:13 pm

Wow.  It really looks great!  Good job! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/04 at 4:28 pm

WOO HOO!!!! WTG Chucky! I was starting to get withdrawls.
;D

Cat

Written By: Meltd0wn on 04/21/04 at 4:52 pm

Job Well Done,

I like the new look, and Im happy the site has been able to return, Ive missed this place.

Well now off the start posting, hehe.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/21/04 at 6:56 pm

Thanks, Chucky and Daveyboysmith!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 04/21/04 at 7:15 pm

Whoah! Nice shiney new boards!

Great work Chucky and Daveyboysmith!

Written By: Fred on 04/21/04 at 7:30 pm

Wow, I love what you guys have done with the place!  ;D The wait was definatly worth it. ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/21/04 at 8:00 pm

Hi Everyone.It's me Howard again. I've been waiting for such a long,long time.At least a week.I was very impatient after the boards crashed and lost my 6,000 post counts but I feel better now. ;D I had to re-register and now I'm back as Howard with my own picture of my beautiful self! Everything looks pretty much back to normal now and status quo so let's get back to business! ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 04/21/04 at 8:05 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get the new site up and running.  I wasn't planning on starting the new software for at least a few more weeks.   I'm not even sure the old messageboard was entirely responsible for the problems the other server was having.

Due to the problems with the old board, the messages could not be imported into this one.  That also goes for user accounts.  Your post counts are gone (sorry!).  Everyone's on equal footing, and I won't be changing anyone's post counts.

You'll notice I didn't add a voting forum.  It's not needed, feel free to post a voting topic on any board you like.  If people still want a seperate forum for just crazy voting stuff, I'll add one.

There's also no need to terminate a thread once it hits a fix number of posts like we used to with the older software.

Anyways, I'm still working on the site, trying to set things up.  Feel free to ask questions, though I probably won't know the answer.

I pretty much like it.Thanks Chuck.It took a while to get used to! :) ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/21/04 at 8:11 pm

What green bits...? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 04/21/04 at 8:13 pm

Wow! Cool site! It's a shame we lost all our post counts/etc... I think I had 782.

Anyway, thanks, Chucky!

I lost 6,000 posts...anyway Thanks Chucky and Davey! ;D

BTW,whatever happend to HairSpray all this time?  ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 04/21/04 at 8:18 pm

WOO HOO!!!! WTG Chucky! I was starting to get withdrawls.
;D

Cat

Me Too Cat! :(

Howard

Written By: NbC on 04/22/04 at 12:53 am

This new board looks great!!!  Three Cheers for Chucky and Daveyboysmith for working overtime for us to enjoy the boards again.  It has been greatly missed. 

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/22/04 at 12:54 am

I miss editing my own posts, but I guess that would mess up the software. It'll take awhile for me to get used to the new thread, but it's better than no messageboard at all. Thanks for all the work you've put for the new format, Chucky :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/22/04 at 2:44 am

I miss editing my own posts, but I guess that would mess up the software. It'll take awhile for me to get used to the new thread, but it's better than no messageboard at all. Thanks for all the work you've put for the new format, Chucky :D

Indy, you STILL CAN modify your own posts!  :)

Written By: ragebass on 04/22/04 at 2:48 am

The new site looks great :D

Written By: jaytee on 04/22/04 at 10:18 am

Chucky Boy and Davey Boy

Thanks a bunch.  The Boards look wonderful. :D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/22/04 at 11:13 am

The font got bigger! Signatures, what's above and under one's avatar, stats at the top...everything that was once in small letters got bigger! It looks better smaller. It especially makes what's around avatars and signatures look less busy. Just a thought...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 11:18 am

The font got bigger! Signatures, what's above and under one's avatar, stats at the top...everything that was once in small letters got bigger! It looks better smaller. It especially makes what's around avatars and signatures look less busy. Just a thought...

Absolutely Vile

I noticed that too. I wasn't too sure if it was just me or not.

Cat

Written By: Neo Matrix on 04/22/04 at 11:19 am

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!

This message is underneath all of the screens on the board...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 12:13 pm

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!

This message is underneath all of the screens on the board...

yup... a bug in the upgrade I just performed... I have a support request in with the people who write it.. it should go away soon enough... I can't figure it out myself

Written By: theRealJimA on 04/22/04 at 1:18 pm

What green bits...?

the green bits on the old site

Written By: Marian on 04/22/04 at 1:36 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get the new site up and running.  I wasn't planning on starting the new software for at least a few more weeks.   I'm not even sure the old messageboard was entirely responsible for the problems the other server was having.

I like the new site,though i miss being a royal penguin!I also liked the country flags on the posts.I'll wait and see if i like not having the voting in separate forums----if i don't feel like voting,i wopuld hate to have to always go down a few pages to find a 'normal'thread1Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 04/22/04 at 8:42 pm

What green bits...?

the green bits on the old site

I never noticed any green bits.. ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 04/22/04 at 8:44 pm

It looks a lot better now! 8)

Howard

Written By: maddog on 04/24/04 at 4:22 pm

Chucky, thanks so much for your efforts in getting this site up and running again. And thanks to anyone who's helped you out!

Written By: gamblefish on 04/24/04 at 5:15 pm

Great new format Chucky!! Thanks for activating me....

Written By: Howard on 04/25/04 at 1:38 pm

By next year April 2005,everyone would have forgotten about this stupid crash but anyway the site is better than before! ;D

Howard

Written By: Mangoo on 05/28/04 at 5:27 am

Just wondering how a former  member could be rejected from joining the site?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/28/04 at 9:22 am

Just wondering how a former  member could be rejected from joining the site?

no former members have been rejected from joining the site that I'm aware of.  If your confirmation email didn't arrive, it may be due to a spam filter.  Send an email to chuck@worcestermass.com to resolve it.

Written By: YWN on 10/05/05 at 5:27 pm

By next year April 2005,everyone would have forgotten about this stupid crash but anyway the site is better than before! ;D

One year ago....

We'll never forget.