inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sticky threads

Written By: philbo on 04/26/04 at 5:47 am

Chucky,

Can the new software do sticky threads?  (well, I'd guess that it can)  It's just that I thought a "how to..." for recording stuff in the amiright parodies forum might be useful, and would save answering the same questions over and over.

Phil

Subject: Re: Sticky threads

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/04 at 8:08 am

Chucky,

Can the new software do sticky threads?  (well, I'd guess that it can)  It's just that I thought a "how to..." for recording stuff in the amiright parodies forum might be useful, and would save answering the same questions over and over.

Phil

yes it can, I did one in the support forum (the one that follows this one)... this software can do damn near everything...

If people want to write up FAQs for particular boards, I'm happy to sticky them.  If someone writes a better FAQ for a particular subject, I'm always happy to unsticky the old one and stick a new one up in place of it (no first poster advantage in my mind).  So yeah, go for it.  I'm pretty sure you can modify it once it's made sticky too, so it'll be easy to keep it up to date.

Written By: philbo on 04/26/04 at 5:12 pm

yes it can, I did one in the support forum (the one that follows this one)... this software can do damn near everything...

Cool... I guess that means the ball's in my court to come up with something worth stickifying

Phil

Written By: Howard on 04/26/04 at 8:53 pm

How do you sticky a thread? ???

Howard

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/26/04 at 8:54 pm

What IS a sticky thread ???

SmithsGirl (not down with the lingo)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/04 at 9:34 pm

a sticky thread is a thread that will stay at the top of the page no matter when it was last posted.

only an admin can sticky a thread, it's reserved for information that would be useful for a long period of time, like a list of frequently asked questions

Written By: Howard on 04/26/04 at 9:36 pm

a sticky thread is a thread that will stay at the top of the page no matter when it was last posted.

only an admin can sticky a thread, it's reserved for information that would be useful for a long period of time, like a list of frequently asked questions

Ok,Thank You!

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 5:35 pm

ya learn sumthin' new everyday  :)

SmithsGirl

Written By: Mr. X on 04/27/04 at 6:07 pm

I knew that.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...