inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Couldn't Load Messageboards

Written By: karen on 05/13/04 at 4:12 am

Was it just me?

I kept trying all day but got the same message of 'page not found'  :\'(

Edited to clarify subject matter in title, so as to draw responses. ;)

Subject: Re: was it just me....

Written By: zac on 05/13/04 at 7:12 am

:\'(  No it wasn't just you, I wasn't allowed in either.  :o

Written By: Hairspray on 05/13/04 at 7:55 am

Nope. Even this mod couldn't get in to the site. I kept getting either "Page Not Found" or Connection Problems. Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. :P

I haven't a clue as to why this happened. ChuckyG will surely have an answer.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/13/04 at 9:42 am

Nope. Even this mod couldn't get in to the site. I kept getting either "Page Not Found" or Connection Problems. Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. :P

I haven't a clue as to why this happened. ChuckyG will surely have an answer.

email is still not quite right on the server, and one of my friends has been working on it, and sometimes he ends up knocking the site offline in the process... I wasn't even aware of it until around midnight last night.  It might end up going down a few more times in the next week or two until things are straightened out

Subject: Re: Couldn't Load Messageboards

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/13/04 at 11:43 am

tonight might see the site down again... not sure yet, but my friend is planning on doing some more work tonight.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/13/04 at 11:54 am

I was also having problems trying to find the site.  I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me.  Thanks for keeping us informed, Chucky.  :)

Written By: nally on 05/13/04 at 5:32 pm

Connection Problems. Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. :P

You're not alone. I got that same message last night as I was online. I tried to log out, but it kept taking forever, and ultimately ended up with that message. When I log in, I always select "1 Hour" as my session length, because I post from more than one computer. For example, if I'm at home, I want to log out so that I'm not "logged in" from there if I go somewhere else.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/04 at 8:05 pm

Is everything better now? ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...