inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Upgaraded messageboard software.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/21/04 at 1:50 pm

You will notice there can be many, many more voting options, should make people quite happy.

Subject: Re: Upgaraded messageboard software.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/21/04 at 2:02 pm

Thanks, Chucky!  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/21/04 at 2:04 pm

You will notice there can be many, many more voting options, should make people quite happy.

there's also two modifications to the software.  One is the addition of "buddy lists".  If you click on the profile of a member, you can add them to your buddy list.  That way they show up in a special list on the "who's online"

also, you can now display voting results as a pie chart.  When you're viewing the voting results, you will see a link "Show Pie Chart".  Click on that and a new window with a pie chart will display.  

These features are "additional toys" and may or may not stick around, depending on what happens when I apply upgrades to the software, so they may go away in the future, or if they cause problems, etc.  

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/21/04 at 2:06 pm

Thanks, Chucky!  :)

When I was posting my response to this thread, I also noted another new feature (that I read about)... if someone posts a reply after I hit the reply button, when I hit post, there will be a message and a preview of my text, warning me that I may want to review my post since a new posting has come in.  It's a little freaky the first time you experience it I must admit.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/21/04 at 2:24 pm

there's also two modifications to the software.  One is the addition of "buddy lists".  If you click on the profile of a member, you can add them to your buddy list.  That way they show up in a special list on the "who's online".

I tried that and the person's name shows up blue when they're online.  Pretty cool!  :)

Written By: adagio on 06/21/04 at 4:29 pm

also, you can now display voting results as a pie chart.  When you're viewing the voting results, you will see a link "Show Pie Chart".  Click on that and a new window with a pie chart will display . 

What voting are you talking about, Chucky?  And where is the pie chart link?  I went to my profile, found a poll, but the poll said that I haven't voted in anything yet....I vote on parody contests regularly.  Is there another type of voting?

Written By: nally on 06/21/04 at 4:47 pm

What voting are you talking about, Chucky?  And where is the pie chart link?  I went to my profile, found a poll, but the poll said that I haven't voted in anything yet....I vote on parody contests regularly.  Is there another type of voting?

Yes...there is another type of voting. In fact, there are topics known as polls; they occur on just about every "decade" board (2000s, 1990s, 1980s, etc.) and in the "Playful Penguin Place" as well. In each one, there is a list of items to vote on that pertain to a particular topic. And once you've selected an item, press the "submit vote" button. Here's an example:
http://inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,1615.0 (Favorite Cheers character)

Like I said, you can go into any of the decade forums and you'll find poll topics of this nature.

Written By: adagio on 06/21/04 at 5:15 pm

I see all of it...even the pie chart...thanks!

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 8:06 pm

Thanks Chucky This is wonderful. :)  I was just thinking if you could possibly get rid of The Show Posts Option,I don't even know why it's there anyway? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 8:07 pm

there's also two modifications to the software.  One is the addition of "buddy lists".  If you click on the profile of a member, you can add them to your buddy list.  That way they show up in a special list on the "who's online"

also, you can now display voting results as a pie chart.  When you're viewing the voting results, you will see a link "Show Pie Chart".  Click on that and a new window with a pie chart will display.  

These features are "additional toys" and may or may not stick around, depending on what happens when I apply upgrades to the software, so they may go away in the future, or if they cause problems, etc.  

This is just great.I can't wait to use it. :)

Howard

Written By: nally on 06/21/04 at 10:15 pm

Another thing I noticed...at the bottom right corner of each of my posts, by the "logged" indicator/icon, I see the IP address of each place I posted from. That must be a new feature, because I just noticed it earlier today. (Of course, I only see it on my posts, when I'm logged in. Is it new?)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/22/04 at 8:00 am

Another thing I noticed...at the bottom right corner of each of my posts, by the "logged" indicator/icon, I see the IP address of each place I posted from. That must be a new feature, because I just noticed it earlier today. (Of course, I only see it on my posts, when I'm logged in. Is it new?)

yeah, I guess so... kind of strange that you'd want to see your own IP address... not sure what the point of that is

Written By: nally on 06/22/04 at 11:03 am

yeah, I guess so... kind of strange that you'd want to see your own IP address... not sure what the point of that is

yeah...I never really cared about that.

Written By: Howard on 06/22/04 at 5:12 pm

Yeah,I just noticed that now.I don't what that is either. ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/22/04 at 5:15 pm

I tried that and the person's name shows up blue when they're online.  Pretty cool!

That is cool.I just saw Bobby's name just before. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...