inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cannot log out

Written By: Meriadoc on 06/28/04 at 11:11 pm

I logged off over an hour ago, and came back to find I was still logged in. I've have clicked logout six times since then, and it will not log me out. What is going on?  ???

Since I wrote the above I've tried a dozen more times to get off the board. I've shut down my PC and restarted. I am still here! Now every time I click 'logout' I get the following:

"Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."  >:(

Subject: Re: Cannot log out

Written By: DJ Midas on 06/28/04 at 11:30 pm

I had this problem a while ago.  Deleted my cookies and everything works fine now. :)

Written By: Meriadoc on 06/28/04 at 11:32 pm

Thank you Midas! I will give it a try! If I disappear you will know it worked!  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/29/04 at 9:02 am

It sounds like the cookie on your computer got corrupted or something.  If it said the session was invalid, that's most likely what happened.  If you selected an amount of time to be logged in when you logged onto the board, you would have been timed out anyways.

You also need to remember that the "Users logged in" at the bottom of the site index shouldn't be used as an indicator for whether you are logged in or not.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/29/04 at 2:46 pm

How do you delete cookies?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/29/04 at 3:43 pm

Wow,it happened to me as well. Thank God,I'm not the only one. :o

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/29/04 at 3:45 pm

"Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again." 

I also got this message. :o^

Howard

Written By: Meriadoc on 06/29/04 at 11:33 pm

How do you delete cookies?

Cat

Scrape them off the cookie sheet into the garbage... ;)

No, seriously, in Internet Explorer look in 'tools' then 'internet options' and select the 'general' tab. There is a 'delete cookies' option there. Keep in mind tho' that when you do this all the passwords saved on your PC for various sites (such as hotmail) will vanish so make sure you know them all! :o

Written By: Howard on 06/30/04 at 5:10 pm

No, seriously, in Internet Explorer look in 'tools' then 'internet options' and select the 'general' tab. There is a 'delete cookies' option there. Keep in mind tho' that when you do this all the passwords saved on your PC for various sites (such as hotmail) will vanish so make sure you know them all!

That's what I do before turning off the computer for the night.http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/04 at 5:31 pm

Scrape them off the cookie sheet into the garbage... ;)

No, seriously, in Internet Explorer look in 'tools' then 'internet options' and select the 'general' tab. There is a 'delete cookies' option there. Keep in mind tho' that when you do this all the passwords saved on your PC for various sites (such as hotmail) will vanish so make sure you know them all! :o

Thanks. Now I know how to toss my...er...delete my cookies.  ;)

Cat

Written By: karen on 07/01/04 at 3:25 am

I logged off over an hour ago, and came back to find I was still logged in. I've have clicked logout six times since then, and it will not log me out. What is going on?  ???

Since I wrote the above I've tried a dozen more times to get off the board. I've shut down my PC and restarted. I am still here! Now every time I click 'logout' I get the following:

"Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."  >:(

I get the same thing.  I always log in for 1 hour.  earlier this week I logged in and every since then I've not had to log in when returning to the computer.  That said I haven't checked what my cookie saving setting is at the mo'

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 4:06 pm

I had to go into the Windows file and go to the cookies folder to delete them...but it worked :)

Written By: Howard on 07/01/04 at 7:52 pm

That's why I always choose Forever to Log In.http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...