inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do I?

Written By: adagio on 07/01/04 at 6:46 pm

How do I, on the parody page, make some words in yellow that give definitions when I click on them?

Subject: Re: How do I?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/04 at 7:08 pm

How do I, on the parody page, make some words in yellow that give definitions when I click on them?

I don't allow links on parody text... sorry

Written By: adagio on 07/01/04 at 7:17 pm

I saw some...that's why I asked.

Written By: MooRocca on 07/02/04 at 12:38 am

I saw some...that's why I asked.

Pat, you've picked up a nasty bit of spyware/adware/scumware that's hijacking your browser.  The yellow words you see are keywords purchased from the scumware people by slimy advertisers.  Chances are that Chucky's affiliate code is also being replaced by theirs, so that if you click on Chucky's ads, the scumware folks get the credit for it.  It was probably bundled with something you installed on purpose.   If you have ad-aware, run it.  If you don't have ad-aware, get it.   This isn't something you want on your machine.

Written By: adagio on 07/02/04 at 7:29 am

Thanks, MooRocca.  I'm running it as I post.  I hesitated running it because I had a bad experience (it got rid of too many files) with it last time, but everybody still recommends it, so...

Written By: MooRocca on 07/02/04 at 10:08 am

I couldn't remember the name of that scumware, last night.  Remembered this morning and went out to find you a page that'll tell you how to clean it, manually, in case you have any trouble with ad-aware getting it off or you just want to double check that ad-aware was thorough enough to keep it from coming back.  (I'm assuming this is the right one, because of the yellow text.)

http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/removeezula.htm

Written By: adagio on 07/02/04 at 11:37 am

Thanks...it seems to be gone now.. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...