inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pics on profiles

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/04 at 12:22 am

What is the maximum pixel size allowed for pics on profiles?  I don't want to be obnoxious.

I'm still kind of a web newbie, so I just learned how to copy and paste images.  Is there a way to reduce or expand the size of an image once I've copied it?

Subject: Re: Pics on profiles

Written By: Bobo on 08/06/04 at 12:35 am

Don't take this completely as the truth, Maxwell, but I'm purdy sure that on the previous site, it was about 35 K. So, if you right-clicked the image as was on the webpage you wanted to use and clicked on properties, it would say something in the region of below 35 K. Hopefullly. Your Meredith Monk poster doesn't do it, unfortunately. And I'm pretty sure hauling it in from the bottom corner would reduce the image size and memory usage.

Could someone else add..? I know I'm pretty sketchy..

mb

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/04 at 2:59 am

Don't take this completely as the truth, Maxwell, but I'm purdy sure that on the previous site, it was about 35 K. So, if you right-clicked the image as was on the webpage you wanted to use and clicked on properties, it would say something in the region of below 35 K. Hopefullly. Your Meredith Monk poster doesn't do it, unfortunately. And I'm pretty sure hauling it in from the bottom corner would reduce the image size and memory usage.

Could someone else add..? I know I'm pretty sketchy..

mb

But how do I "haul" it in from the corner?  The first Meredith Monk pic was about 32 K, which would make the limit if it was 35.  For now, I've switched to a smaller Monk pic, at 12.5 K.

Written By: Howard on 08/06/04 at 7:33 pm

What is the maximum pixel size allowed for pics on profiles?  I don't want to be obnoxious.

I'm still kind of a web newbie, so I just learned how to copy and paste images.  Is there a way to reduce or expand the size of an image once I've copied it?

There was a recent thread Maxwell about myself wanting to post a picture of me,It's in thread 28 x30 if you can't find it,I'll show you.I had trouble at one time but after a first few tries you shouldn't have any trouble after.It will be a piece of cake. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...