inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Server issues

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/10/04 at 5:29 am

I think I may have discovered that this server has a bad network interface card (and that's the reason it keeps getting hung).  I've got a support call in, we'll see if this fixes the issue.

Subject: Re: Server issues

Written By: karen on 12/10/04 at 5:50 am

Thanks for working to try and solve the problems we've been having lately.  Let's hope this is the reason and it can be fixed.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/10/04 at 7:27 am

Sure wish you could knock off about 3 DAYS of time online when I acrually wasn't! :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/10/04 at 9:26 am

the site may be down at some point today when they swap out the network interface card.  No idea when that might be though.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/10/04 at 10:57 am

they replaced a cable.  We'll see if this solves the issue once and for all. If it stays running for a week we'll know all is well.

I apologize for the clock running 30 minutes fast.  I can't solve that until I'm home later tonight. I'm going to fix that once and for all as well. 

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/10/04 at 10:59 am

sounds great,Chucky..and as always,thanks.. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/04 at 1:08 pm

Thanks for everything Chucky. I can't tell you how much we appreciate all that you do for us and this message board.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/10/04 at 4:14 pm

is it just me, or does the server seem quicker now?

Written By: Howard on 12/10/04 at 5:05 pm

Thanks Chucky for all you do.We here appreciate every little thing. :) ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/10/04 at 5:07 pm

is it just me, or does the server seem quicker now?

navigating seems quicker than before Chucky. :o

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 12/11/04 at 3:08 pm

Right on, Chucky!  It is quicker.  Thanks :)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/04 at 6:45 pm

Thanks Chucky.It's fixed.The clock and board are back to normal. :)

Howard

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 12/15/04 at 5:02 pm

When I tried submitting some of my latest parodies today, the server was busy and I guess I won't be able to submit any new parodies until the problem is fixed (assuming it hasn't already been fixed). I don't know whether or not it's just my line.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/15/04 at 6:56 pm

I had some trouble gettin on earlier.. for i guess around half an hour.. however it wouldn't suprise me if some maintainance was being done then, cus of my odd log on times.

Other than that i can't find any problems at all.

Good on ya

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/15/04 at 8:16 pm

When I tried submitting some of my latest parodies today, the server was busy and I guess I won't be able to submit any new parodies until the problem is fixed (assuming it hasn't already been fixed). I don't know whether or not it's just my line.

different server, and to my knowledge, everything is ok with the parody submission program, maybe something on your end isn't right?

and this server did crash earlier in the day today, around 1PM or so.  I got another support call in about it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/15/04 at 8:19 pm

I had some trouble gettin on earlier.. for i guess around half an hour.. however it wouldn't suprise me if some maintainance was being done then, cus of my odd log on times.

Other than that i can't find any problems at all.

Good on ya

just found out why... they swapped out the server this evening.  new box, old hard drive, should solve the issues.  Let's cross our fingers again.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/16/04 at 2:42 am

Superb... things seem real fast now.. pretty much instant

Written By: Howard on 12/16/04 at 2:42 pm

everything's back to normal.Thanks Chucky :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...