inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My name's causing display problems!

Written By: ISNorden on 02/01/05 at 5:20 pm

Even though my last name originally displayed on the main AIR site with no problems, over the past few weeks something seems to have happened which makes the software read it as bad HTML code...and the parodies which mention me as an author and/or subject have had to be taken down as a result.  Any chance of getting the problem fixed?  Please let me know soon!

Subject: Re: My name's causing display problems!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/05 at 5:30 pm

Even though my last name originally displayed on the main AIR site with no problems, over the past few weeks something seems to have happened which makes the software read it as bad HTML code...and the parodies which mention me as an author and/or subject have had to be taken down as a result.  Any chance of getting the problem fixed?  Please let me know soon!

it's because you're not using HTML code for your name, you're using extended ascii characters.  I use Firefox now, which doesn't support that, and it's distorting the letters.  I guess I'm going to have to go back to IE, and somehow clean up the existing parodies.  I thought I was filtering these characters to begin with.

Subject: Re: My name's causing display problems!

Written By: ISNorden on 02/01/05 at 5:57 pm

it's because you're not using HTML code for your name, you're using extended ascii characters.  I use Firefox now, which doesn't support that, and it's distorting the letters.  I guess I'm going to have to go back to IE, and somehow clean up the existing parodies.  I thought I was filtering these characters to begin with.

Ahhh OK...I thought it was some kind of technical problem; since I never used any browser except IE (and occasionally AOL or Netscape) on my end before, I had no idea that Firefox could cause foreign letters to be misread like that.  Thanks for the explanation!

Check for new replies or respond here...