inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Relaunch of archive section in next day or so... 374175 Posts in 27396 Topics

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/05 at 11:16 pm

I've cleaned up the formatting, and re-arranged the archive indexes by date.  I also worked in the ability to see just how many messages were saved to the archives prior to the new software installation.

374175 Posts in 27396 Topics prior to April 2004

You can do the math to see the total posts/threads since May 1998. 

There's still no decent search function (other than google) for combing through the archives, but at least they're a little easier to browse through.

Hopefully, if all goes well, you should be able to see the new layout on all the sections tomorrow.  It takes several hours to upload all the info.

Subject: Re: Relaunch of archive section in next day or so... 374175 Posts in 27396 Topic

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/02/05 at 11:48 am

here's one section I managed to get uploaded:

http://inthe00s.com/archive/Before70s/index.shtml

going to try again tonight.

Subject: Re: Relaunch of archive section in next day or so... 374175 Posts in 27396 Topics

Written By: Howard on 02/02/05 at 3:46 pm

Good Luck Chucky.Hope it all works out well. :)

Howard

Subject: Re: Relaunch of archive section in next day or so... 374175 Posts in 27396 Topic

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/03/05 at 9:06 pm

found out my ftp client doesn't play nice with emule...  finally got the archive back up there. 

should be easier to read and find stuff. I think I even managed to find a couple things that weren't indexed before. no real search engine still though. 

Subject: Re: Relaunch of archive section in next day or so... 374175 Posts in 27396 Topics

Written By: Howard on 02/04/05 at 2:03 pm

So,Chucky what is this archive section you're working on?
When do you think this will all be finished by? ???

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/04/05 at 2:42 pm

So,Chucky what is this archive section you're working on?
When do you think this will all be finished by? ???

it's finished...

Next to the link "Search" at the top of the page, there is a link called archive.  Click on that, and every post to appear on the messageboard (unless it was deleted), appears.    So messages prior to April 2004 when I changed software, are present here. 

It's always been online, but I cleaned it up and re-organized it. It also now includes the posts made since April 2004.  It goes back to May 1998, and has 628793 posts in it.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/05 at 4:20 pm

it's finished...

Next to the link "Search" at the top of the page, there is a link called archive.  Click on that, and every post to appear on the messageboard (unless it was deleted), appears.    So messages prior to April 2004 when I changed software, are present here. 

It's always been online, but I cleaned it up and re-organized it. It also now includes the posts made since April 2004.  It goes back to May 1998, and has 628793 posts in it.

Great! :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...