inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Missing parody

Written By: adagio on 02/07/05 at 3:47 pm

Chucky, my entry for February 7 is missing from my author page, but
listed on the new parody page.
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/tennesseeernieford4.shtml
Could you put this parody on my author page?

Adagio

Subject: Re: Missing parody

Written By: adagio on 02/08/05 at 12:00 pm

It's there now, last I looked.  You have a new system for adding parodies to pages?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/05 at 12:13 pm

It's there now, last I looked.  You have a new system for adding parodies to pages?

no...

the quickest way is to resubmit it, with your name exactly as it appears on your author page and then I'll remove the old one.  I don't modify parodies anymore, not since the last time (when I wiped out half the votes in the system).

Written By: adagio on 02/08/05 at 12:19 pm

It doesn't seem as though I would have to resubmit it.  It's on the author page now, but if it disappears, I'll resubmit. Right? ???

Written By: jreuben on 02/08/05 at 12:26 pm

Chucky, my entry for February 7 is missing from my author page, but
listed on the new parody page.
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/tennesseeernieford4.shtml
Could you put this parody on my author page?

Adagio

Adagio,

Sometimes I've noticed a delay between when a parody shows up on the main page and when it shows on the parody author list.  I would guess that after Chucky updates the main page, there's a script that's run automatically to update the author page (maybe hourly, or twice a day or something like that).  So, when you checked your author page, it was likely after Chucky updated the main page, but before that script had updated the author pages.

Just a guess from another computer geek  :)

Written By: adagio on 02/08/05 at 12:32 pm

Adagio,

Sometimes I've noticed a delay between when a parody shows up on the main page and when it shows on the parody author list.  I would guess that after Chucky updates the main page, there's a script that's run automatically to update the author page (maybe hourly, or twice a day or something like that).  So, when you checked your author page, it was likely after Chucky updated the main page, but before that script had updated the author pages.

Thanks...seems likely.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/05 at 1:12 pm

Adagio,

kind of... I actually run it at the same time as I run the update for the homepage.  Due to all the stuff it pulls together for each page, and the index, it generally takes ten times longer to build. 

The upside to that, is that it only gets down once a day, instead of everytime someone wants to look at an author page, which would slow the server down.

Check for new replies or respond here...