inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Experimenting with ads

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/05 at 10:42 am

I'm trying to find some sort of small ad to run at the top of the pages.  If it looks funky, just ignore it for now.

Subject: Re: Experimenting with ads

Written By: Apricot on 05/03/05 at 7:51 pm

It does look kinda weird... but now {at least for the AllPosters.com ad} it looks okay. A bit better.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/05 at 11:20 am

I have to say that it is a bit annoying because it keeps flashing. If it was just a stationary ad like the ones on top, it would be too bad.

Cat

Written By: karen on 05/04/05 at 11:30 am

I always keep that part of the page hidden by clicking on the little blue arrow underneath.  I've only just realised what ads you were talking about.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/04/05 at 12:07 pm

I have to say that it is a bit annoying because it keeps flashing. If it was just a stationary ad like the ones on top, it would be too bad.

unfortunately, I couldn't find a static ad in that size from any of the affilate programs I use... I find it annoying too.  I tried the amazon search box last week, but it didn't generate hardly any traffic, which means it's better to have no ad than to have one at all.

If someone offered me $30 a month for the spot without using a flashing ad, I'd take it instead of trying to run something else there.

Written By: nally on 05/04/05 at 11:09 pm

oh yeah, I notice what you're talking about. It's where the "news box" used to be. It doesn't bother me too much.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/06/05 at 10:04 pm

unfortunately, I couldn't find a static ad in that size from any of the affilate programs I use... I find it annoying too.  I tried the amazon search box last week, but it didn't generate hardly any traffic, which means it's better to have no ad than to have one at all.

If someone offered me $30 a month for the spot without using a flashing ad, I'd take it instead of trying to run something else there.

ChuckyG, I'd be glad to offer $15 dollars a month for www.inthe00s.com and www.amiright.com ( I would offer the full $30 but I have limited finanaces at the moment ). All you would need to do is get another person to do the same.

Personally I ignore the adds because when I want something I go buy it.
Not to mention ( although unlikely with you ) you make inadvertently link something that chain-pops or redirects you, which irritates the hell out of me.

If you want, I can e-mail you and you can send a P.O.Box Number or whatever and you can get a $15 dollar money order every month for me as long as I am here, which judging by how much I like both sites will probably be the day untill one of us dies.

If you take me up on the offer ( which is sincere ) just let me know who I should make the money order out to.

I believe you have said before ( maybe in the FAQ, I can't remember ) that you actually lose money here ( or www.amiright.com ). That sucks but can be fixed easily.

PS- If you want the full $30 and I can afford it, perhaps a sign there that says " Sponsored by Red Ant " ? ( sort of a joke but if the ad people are paying you that for that spot I guess I should get some credit for it ).

And PSS to all--This is by no means " sucking up ", but trying to keep a great thing going. Be glad that BOTH sites do not have crappy pop-ups and the adds are small and out of the way.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/13/05 at 2:28 pm

I saw a very amusing ad on there the other day for "Quick Pubic Hair Removal"

..thought I was seeing things    ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...