inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Updated Bio

Written By: adagio on 07/21/05 at 11:48 am

Chucky, I get different view of my bio when I refresh. There are different views of the old and new bio that it shows me. Sometimes it's part of my first sentence, cut off; sometimes the whole first sentence and nothing else; sometimes the old bio; sometimes part of the new bio.  Is it just in the fixing stage?

Subject: Re: Updated Bio

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/21/05 at 1:45 pm

you're talking about this bio right?

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/adagio.shtml

if you're getting an old one in there, chances are your browser is caching something.  I haven't touched the bio code in ages, it should have any new problems

Written By: adagio on 07/21/05 at 2:53 pm

That's the one...it show me half of the new one and then switches to the first line only.  How do I solve a caching problem?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/21/05 at 3:01 pm

That's the one...it show me half of the new one and then switches to the first line only.  How do I solve a caching problem?

first, cut and past the text that is the problem, it's possible I didn't put it in there properly when I did it.  let's make sure we're seeing different things/same things, etc.

Written By: adagio on 07/21/05 at 3:14 pm

one version..".Hi all..my name is Patricia B. Carrasco, otherwise known as Adagio for copyright purposes."

2nd version...(the old bio)..
"Hi all..my name is Patricia B. Carrasco, otherwise known as Adagio for copyright purposes.
My husband and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I used to belong to the church choir for a number of years, where I sang alto. I discovered this site through a friend in May of 2003, and it is a learning experience that I would not trade. I feel that I have learned so much since I joined and still have lots to learn, and am having fun learning. "

There are various other chopped off versions which change too fast for me to copy/paste.

The correct version should be: "
Hi all. My name is Patricia B. Carrasco, otherwise known as Adagio for copyright purposes.

My husband and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I used to belong to the church choir for a number of years, where I sang alto. I discovered this site through a friend in May of 2003, and it is a learning experience that I would not trade.

I only started writing parodies when I came to Amiright. When I became more experienced at this type of writing, it became much more fun. I get more joy at actually writing the parodies, and then to see what kind of comments have been left, besides "I don't get it." j/k  (I do write some for laughs)

Thank you, Chucky for making and maintaining this site, which gives so many people so much joy. "

ok? ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/21/05 at 5:03 pm

one version..".Hi all..my name is Patricia B. Carrasco, otherwise known as Adagio for copyright purposes."

2nd version...(the old bio)..
"Hi all..my name is Patricia B. Carrasco, otherwise known as Adagio for copyright purposes.
My husband and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I used to belong to the church choir for a number of years, where I sang alto. I discovered this site through a friend in May of 2003, and it is a learning experience that I would not trade. I feel that I have learned so much since I joined and still have lots to learn, and am having fun learning. "

There are various other chopped off versions which change too fast for me to copy/paste.

The correct version should be: "
Hi all. My name is Patricia B. Carrasco, otherwise known as Adagio for copyright purposes.

My husband and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I used to belong to the church choir for a number of years, where I sang alto. I discovered this site through a friend in May of 2003, and it is a learning experience that I would not trade.

I only started writing parodies when I came to Amiright. When I became more experienced at this type of writing, it became much more fun. I get more joy at actually writing the parodies, and then to see what kind of comments have been left, besides "I don't get it." j/k  (I do write some for laughs)

Thank you, Chucky for making and maintaining this site, which gives so many people so much joy. "

ok? ???

hmm... I think it wasn't right on the server, but you should have only seen that second one there.

anyways... if you go to your page, and hold the shift key when you click on refresh, it should make sure it grabs the latest and greatest version of the page.

Written By: adagio on 07/21/05 at 6:48 pm

Thanks, Chucky!  It seems to be working now.  :)

Subject: Re: Updated Bio - More Problems

Written By: adagio on 07/22/05 at 12:56 pm

Chucky, I can still only get the bio part of the time.  It works on Firefox, but not everyone has that.  I asked a friend to check it for me and he could only get the bio on the third try...people will not stick around just to see if there's something there.  Any other suggestions so that not only I, but others can ee it too?

Check for new replies or respond here...