inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Posting of messageboard parodies

Written By: adagio on 08/02/05 at 2:19 pm

Those contest that are run in such a way as the current one.."Pirates Who Penstanzas - an AmIRight Opera", when posted all at once, take over the Amiright site and make it difficult to find other individual parodies.  Is there a way that we can at least get notice so we don't put ours in the same day?  :-\\

Subject: Re: Posting of messageboard parodies

Written By: philbo on 08/02/05 at 7:29 pm

Stu did say that he was going to post for yesterday's update, but I guess you'd only spot that if you were actually following the thread...

It's either that or ask Chucky very nicely that the next time there's this kind of flood (it doesn't happen very often, after all), he set aside the other submissions for that day and continue the following one.  Have to say that it doesn't bother me overmuch, though: it's true, there aren't many votes for Penniless, but it's par for the course, I guess.  (but I couldn't resist the plug ;))

Written By: adagio on 08/02/05 at 7:36 pm

It's either that or ask Chucky very nicely that the next time there's this kind of flood (it doesn't happen very often, after all), he set aside the other submissions for that day and continue the following one. 

Gee...I thought I did, in a way (is there a hidden snarl? lol)... "Is there a way that we can at least get notice so we don't put ours in the same day?"

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/02/05 at 8:25 pm

I'd think with the subject matter, it would make the others stand out, since there are probably plenty of people who aren't into musicals.

Written By: adagio on 08/02/05 at 8:29 pm

I'd think with the subject matter, it would make the others stand out, since there are probably plenty of people who aren't into musicals.

Not really, from my view at least.   :)  But, it's not that important.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/03/05 at 1:07 am

I tried looking for yours Adagio, so at least I could apologise by leaving some votes, but I couldn't find one.  Or did you submit one under an alias?

Written By: adagio on 08/03/05 at 7:44 am

Stu  :)

I write so few, that I want them all credited to one name, so no, I didn't post one. I suppose that was lucky for me, because I got to thinking "what if I had posted one?" It's usually overlooked and in this case would be even more so. But, I really do thank you for your good thoughts.  :)

Written By: philbo on 08/03/05 at 3:47 pm

Gee...I thought I did, in a way (is there a hidden snarl? lol)... "Is there a way that we can at least get notice so we don't put ours in the same day?"

Excuse my literal and pedantic brain, but in one case you'd  be asking for notice, possibly even after you've submitted your own parody, which would do very little good; the other option (which was what I was pointing out), was asking Chucky to make the editorial decision...  in my defence, all I can say is that I *have* to be this precise, otherwise my software doesn't work ;)

Written By: adagio on 08/03/05 at 4:15 pm

Excuse my literal and pedantic brain, but in one case you'd  be asking for notice, possibly even after you've submitted your own parody, which would do very little good; the other option (which was what I was pointing out), was asking Chucky to make the editorial decision...  in my defence, all I can say is that I *have* to be this precise, otherwise my software doesn't work ;)

Understood, O Pedantic One. ;)  I suppose that I'm so used to writing vague parodies that it was like fingernails on a chalkboard to your literal brain. Let's just say that I'm agreeable to any kind of parody arrangement in these cases, with you interpreting and making it clear.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...