inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Welcome Red Ant as the latest editor for amiright

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/15/05 at 1:39 pm

http://amiright.com/editors/index.shtml#redant

There's also another editor for inthe80s in the pipleline too, that announcement will be made soon!  Plenty of stuff on inthe70s and inthe90s that need reviewers as well.  Check the appropriate messageboard for info on that.

Subject: Re: Welcome Red Ant as the latest editor for amiright

Written By: Red Ant on 11/11/05 at 1:12 am

Well, thanks for the welcome everyone.  ::)

Anywho, yes I edit for AmIRight now. If you would like to submit to one of my sections, by all means do so. Some are fairly empty at the moment. Please use <BR> tags when submitting; if you don't and have more than about 4 lines of lyrics your entry may not be approved.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 11/12/05 at 9:17 am

*pat pat*

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/13/05 at 8:58 pm

Congrats, Red Ant!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/21/05 at 1:47 am

Thanks mrgazpacho and Dominic.

Since I had to reject 10 of the 13 submissions today I suppose more explanation is needed on what I can/cannot admit to my sections.

If you have submitted an entry to one of the sections I edit and it didn't show up, there are several reasons why, explained below.

This needs to be repeated first because its the number 1 reason I have to reject an entry:

~Submissions which do not contain <BR>'s, proper spelling, or capitilization, will NOT be added

That also means no L337 5P34K.

~If you submit a lyric to the wrong section, I have to reject it. I don't have the ability to send a submission over the correct section. I realise that dirty lyrics can be funny but a submission to the dirty section with a "That's so funny!" type comment will be deleted.

~If your user name is obscene your entry will automatically be rejected.

~Any submissions with broken HTML code will be rejected. Bold, superscript, etc will not show up anyway even if properly entered. Only <BR> tags are allowed.

~All submissions require a sufficient explanation of why they are repetitive, misrhymed, insincere, dated or dirty in the comment field.

Explanations such as "Because I heard it", "the whole song", and the like are insufficient and will be deleted.

~Do not copy/paste the entire song's lyrics in the lyrics field. 6 lines of lyrics at most should be enough to convey your point.

~On misrhymed lyrics, if you submit a perfect rhyme such as "car/far" and try to explain that they do not rhyme your entry will be deleted.

~The dated lyrics section is still confusing many people. Aside from the explantion given on the entry form, any month/day/holiday, etc that will

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/21/05 at 4:31 am

Since I had to reject 10 of the 13 submissions today I suppose more explanation is needed on what I can/cannot admit to my sections.

If you have submitted an entry to one of the sections I edit and it didn't show up, there are several reasons why, explained below.

This needs to be repeated first because its the number 1 reason I have to reject an entry:

~Submissions which do not contain <BR>'s, proper spelling, or capitilization, will NOT be added

That also means no L337 5P34K.

~If you submit a lyric to the wrong section, I have to reject it. I don't have the ability to send a submission over the correct section. I realise that dirty lyrics can be funny but a submission to the dirty section with a "That's so funny!" type comment will be deleted.

~If your user name is obscene your entry will automatically be rejected.

~Any submissions with broken HTML code will be rejected. Bold, superscript, etc will not show up anyway even if properly entered. Only <BR> tags are allowed.

~All submissions require a sufficient explanation of why they are repetitive, misrhymed, insincere, dated or dirty in the comment field.

Explanations such as "Because I heard it", "the whole song", and the like are insufficient and will be deleted.

~Do not copy/paste the entire song's lyrics in the lyrics field. 6 lines of lyrics at most should be enough to convey your point.

~On misrhymed lyrics, if you submit a perfect rhyme such as "car/far" and try to explain that they do not rhyme your entry will be deleted.

~The dated lyrics section is still confusing many people. Aside from the explantion given on the entry form, any month/day/holiday, etc that will  repeat within a year will in all likelyhood be rejected.

An example is Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends". Yes, it is dated now but will not be in any future September.

Another example is "Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" or any other holiday related song.

~The dirty lyrics cannot be whatfreaks.com material. If a lyric is obviously explicit it doesn't qualify in the first place.

Your explanation of the perceived dirty lyrics (or any other submissions for that matter) cannot be obscene nor contain the F or C words.

Red Ant

Regrettably, RA, as you have already noticed  ;D - very few people who submit will either read this, or take note of it if they do !

I used to add in the <br>'s (most of the time) cos if I didn't, about 95 percent of entries would never had made it  :o

Written By: mandamoo on 11/21/05 at 4:42 am

I used to add in the <br>'s (most of the time) cos if I didn't, about 95 percent of entries would never had made it  :o

This is the case for me too  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 11/21/05 at 8:55 am

Regrettably, RA, as you have already noticed

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/05 at 9:11 am

Now you know why I have editors to review new updates to the site.  The pages would become filled with garbage in no time from people who don't read the requirements, or submit spam, etc.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/21/05 at 3:03 pm

Clap clap clap! :)

Written By: adagio on 11/23/05 at 2:01 pm

Congratulations, Red Ant!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/30/08 at 11:53 pm

Three years later....

This needs to be re-repeated because it's still the number 1 reason why I reject an entry:

~Submissions which do not contain <BR>s, proper spelling, or capitilization, will NOT be added.

Honest typos I'll fix. A missed <br> tag here and there is no problem, but sloppy submissions which require me decyphering and fixing practically every line get the big red DELETE button.

http://www.pragmaticcso.com/Images/easy.jpg

And collosally belated thanks to Step-chan and Pat.

Ant

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/08 at 12:54 am

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4480/easynr2.jpg

Written By: nally on 12/01/08 at 9:42 pm

Three years later....

This needs to be re-repeated because it's still the number 1 reason why I reject an entry:

~Submissions which do not contain <BR>s, proper spelling, or capitilization, will NOT be added.

Honest typos I'll fix. A missed <br> tag here and there is no problem, but sloppy submissions which require me decyphering and fixing practically every line get the big red DELETE button.

http://www.pragmaticcso.com/Images/easy.jpg

And collosally belated thanks to Step-chan and Pat.

Ant

Hello again, Ant!

I have to admit that I reject multiple entries for that very same reason. There's a submittor by the name of "art" who fails to capitalize anything; I always reject his sloppy submissions. It's a pain to have to go through and capitalize all the necessary words and insert the BR's where they need to go. So I don't bother, I simply hit the DELETE button.

Better known as:

https://hownottodosocialwork.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/red-delete-button-md.png

(thanks, Alan) ;) ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...