inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Software has been upgraded - let me know if you find any problems.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/05 at 10:14 am

Not much for new features that I'm aware of with this one. Mostly stuff for the proper running of the messageboard, some search engine optimizations.

Subject: Re: Software has been upgraded - let me know if you find any problems.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/05 at 10:32 am

Thanks, Chucky. You're the best.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 12:04 pm

I love that http://inthe00s.com/Themes/babylon/images/icons/modify_inline.gif icon that appears next to each post you make.  Super cool feature  8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/05 at 12:12 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/30/05 at 12:15 pm

Not much for new features that I'm aware of with this one. Mostly stuff for the proper running of the messageboard, some search engine optimizations.

Thanks for doing that, Chucky!  8)

Does this mean that we'll have fewer SMF error messages now?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/05 at 12:56 pm

Thanks for doing that, Chucky!  8)

Does this mean that we'll have fewer SMF error messages now?

not sure.  I think there's an issue with the MYSQL server I run, but it never appeared before the last upgrade.  So it's entirely possible that the last upgrade caused it, due to work on making the software run faster.

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 3:41 pm

??? am I missing something?

The little icon .. it appears next to each post that I make.  When I click on it, It allows me to edit my post within the thread, without taking me to a whole other screen

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/05 at 4:12 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 12/31/05 at 12:34 am

^^ Yep...I noticed that. It gives you a chance to make a live edit! What a time-saver!

Written By: nally on 12/31/05 at 12:35 am

Hmmm...let me see if it works for me now.

Btw, Thanks for everything, Chuck! ;)

Yep, there it is. 8) And I guess it allows you to do a live edit if you click it. Super cool! ^-^

Written By: Skippy on 12/31/05 at 1:35 am

More of a minor glitch than problem, but it seems the pages won't load until most of the data is collected. This probably isn't noticable on broadband, but very much so on dial-up. I sit here staring at a blank page instead of watching it load.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/05 at 5:09 am

More of a minor glitch than problem, but it seems the pages won't load until most of the data is collected. This probably isn't noticable on broadband, but very much so on dial-up. I sit here staring at a blank page instead of watching it load.

Usually that has more to do with your browser or your settings in your browser more than anything.

Written By: Skippy on 12/31/05 at 1:24 pm

Usually that has more to do with your browser or your settings in your browser more than anything.

So what would you suggest my settings be then? I use both Mozilla Firefox and IE6, both load the same. Before the upgrade the page header would load, then the topic's body & text, and lastly the avatars and images would load. Now the header loads like it always did but the rest doesn't load until the avatars and any images are loaded, which takes even more time with animated .gifs.

Written By: whistledog on 12/31/05 at 5:35 pm

So what would you suggest my settings be then? I use both Mozilla Firefox and IE6, both load the same. Before the upgrade the page header would load, then the topic's body & text, and lastly the avatars and images would load. Now the header loads like it always did but the rest doesn't load until the avatars and any images are loaded, which takes even more time with animated .gifs.

Could be a problem with your registry?  I used to get slow loading pages  here too, so I googled an answer, and it said that it might be a problem with my registry, so I got a Registry Fix program and never had that problem again  :)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/03/06 at 10:10 pm

I have a question.  This applies only to people who have changed their name on here.  Before, even after I had changed my name from ADH13 to Odyssey, when someone was replying to a PM I sent, it would still say ADH13 in the "TO:" box.  Also, if we somehow got logged out, we had to login as our original name.

But now I notice that when I'm replying to a pm from someone who has changed their name, the new name is in that box.  So does that mean if we get logged out, we should login as our new name now?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/04/06 at 6:25 am

I have a question.  This applies only to people who have changed their name on here.  Before, even after I had changed my name from ADH13 to Odyssey, when someone was replying to a PM I sent, it would still say ADH13 in the "TO:" box.  Also, if we somehow got logged out, we had to login as our original name.

But now I notice that when I'm replying to a pm from someone who has changed their name, the new name is in that box.  So does that mean if we get logged out, we should login as our new name now?

I don't think so. Display name is a totally different thing than a login name.

Written By: nally on 01/04/06 at 3:38 pm

I don't think so. Display name is a totally different thing than a login name.

...which is why I don't think I'll ever change my displayed name.

Written By: MLB on 01/05/06 at 1:24 pm

I seem to now have a paper and pencil at the end of my messages that is an icon to modify within the text box. why wasn't it there last week and how can i get rid of it?  Are other people seeing this or is it just me?  I already tried logging out and it's still there.

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/06 at 1:25 pm

I seem to now have a paper and pencil at the end of my messages that is an icon to modify within the text box. why wasn't it there last week and how can i get rid of it?  Are other people seeing this or is it just me?  I already tried logging out and it's still there.

Everyone now has that

Written By: MLB on 01/05/06 at 1:28 pm

Ok but am I the only one who can modify my entries or can anyone delete what i said? that's my biggest question.

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/06 at 1:38 pm

Ok but am I the only one who can modify my entries or can anyone delete what i said? that's my biggest question.

You are the only one who can edit your own entries

Written By: nally on 01/05/06 at 3:09 pm

I notice on the calendar, that today's date is highlighted in dark gray; before, it was a light blue color. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...