inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Disabled search

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/26/06 at 9:57 pm

I think it's the search engine. I ran a search on a simple word and it took forever to return a result. 

I'm going to leave it disabled and see if that solves anything.

Subject: Re: Disabled search

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/26/06 at 10:01 pm

thx so much for trying to keep our addictions fed,Chucky  8)

Written By: whistledog on 01/26/06 at 10:03 pm

The search sure does take a long time to search for things. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/26/06 at 10:07 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 01/31/06 at 4:39 am

I hope you get to the root of whatever problem you are having,s but from a puerly selfish point of view, it is a bit of a bother, no longer being able to search the forums. :(

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/06 at 12:05 pm

I hope you get to the root of whatever problem you are having,s but from a puerly selfish point of view, it is a bit of a bother, no longer being able to search the forums. :(

Use google, and put this in front of your keyword terms:  "site:inthe00s.com"  without the quotes, leave a space after it.

I'm leaving it disabled for the entire week.  If no crashes are reported, than I know this was the problem for certain, and can optimize for it.  There's some conversions I can perform on the tables for searches that will allow it to run a lot quicker, and hopefully will allow me to re-open the search function.

Check for new replies or respond here...