inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Charles R. Grosvenor Jr. ?

Written By: hot_wax on 02/01/06 at 8:42 pm

I went to the "archive" and all of our posts and reply's have a "copyright" by Charles R. Grosvenor Jr. at the end of everyone's page...Why? and who gave him the that right to "Plagiarize" our posts and reply's.

Please, I don't want the name of Charles R. Grosvenor with his "copywrite" attached to on any of the Hot Wax topics or reply's refering to the "Four Season's" or "Catwomens Virtual Prom" or any of the past, present or future post topics and or replies writen by Hot Wax.

Thank you,

Hot Wax 

Subject: Re: Charles R. Grosvenor Jr. ?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 8:45 pm

I went to the "archive" and all of our posts and reply's have a "copyright" by Charles R. Grosvenor Jr. at the end of everyone's page...Why? and who gave him the that right to "Plagiarize" our posts and reply's.

Please, I don't want the name of Charles R. Grosvenor with his "copywrite" attached to on any of the Hot Wax topics or reply's refering to the "Four Season's" or "Catwomens Virtual Prom" or any of the past, present or future post topics and or replies writen by Hot Wax.

Thank you,

Hot Wax 

he's the owner of the site.

Written By: hot_wax on 02/01/06 at 10:04 pm

he's the owner of the site.

And does that mean he owns my writings?

Written By: whistledog on 02/01/06 at 10:05 pm

And does that mean he owns my writings?

He owns the site that you posted your writings on

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 10:09 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: hot_wax on 02/01/06 at 10:16 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 10:17 pm

It's a great site and enjoy writing on it, but does this mean he owns the rites to what is written on it?

maybe you should PM him and talk to him about your opinions.

Written By: hot_wax on 02/01/06 at 10:22 pm

yes...I mean...since it is his site...he has the right to do what he wants with it.

You mean we are partners in what he does with Hot Wax postings and replies? and or his he my partner if I use Hot Wax posting and replies outside of his 00's site?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 10:24 pm

You mean we are partners in what he does with Hot Wax postings and replies? and or his he my partner if I use Hot Wax posting and replies outside of his 00's site?

I really don't think Chucky has any intention of using your writings to personally gain anything...maybe he has a good reason for doing that...I don't know. That's why I suggested maybe PMing him and talking to him about it..so that he can explain it to you.

Written By: hot_wax on 02/01/06 at 10:40 pm

I really don't think Chucky has any intention of using your writings to personally gain anything...maybe he has a good reason for doing that...I don't know. That's why I suggested maybe PMing him and talking to him about it..so that he can explain it to you.

Either do I, I only like to BS about things, but stranger things do happen and who knows what the future holds and financial protection on both parts is only fair. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/02/06 at 6:15 am

I put a copyright notice on every page of every site, so that I have a legal recourse against people copying the entire site and reposting it on another server.  I don't have any intention of selling the stuff people have written on the messageboard to some publisher or anything else.

Written By: YWN on 02/02/06 at 11:22 am

This is a hilarious thread.  Is this a joke?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/02/06 at 11:23 am

This is a hilarious thread.  Is this a joke?

sadly...I don't think it is. :-\\

Written By: hot_wax on 02/02/06 at 8:44 pm

I put a copyright notice on every page of every site, so that I have a legal recourse against people copying the entire site and reposting it on another server.  I don't have any intention of selling the stuff people have written on the messageboard to some publisher or anything else.

Hi Chucky G. thanks for your time in explaining your position and it make sense on your part and ours and now thank you" for that protection.

It's a good site and enjoy writing on it. I hope I contribute interesting posts, and reply to other posts with views that stimulate for discussion rather than responding with a cut and dry answers. I know I rubbed some people wrong at times, but it's by design with good intentions hoping to get them to open up and have a indepth dicussion on their posts. When I hook a taker and we battle it out, usually to a draw or I'll give them the upper hand and leave a crack in the door for them to sway me their way in the future, but I always part with them from a hot discussion saying "somestimes I'm your ally and sometimes your foe but always your friend" and move on...it's fun!

Thanks again, Hot Wax

Written By: hot_wax on 02/05/06 at 10:16 pm

Hi Chucky G. thanks for your time in explaining your position and it make sense on your part and ours and now thank you" for that protection.

It's a good site and enjoy writing on it. I hope I contribute interesting posts, and reply to other posts with views that stimulate for discussion rather than responding with a cut and dry answers. I know I rubbed some people wrong at times, but it's by design with good intentions hoping to get them to open up and have a indepth dicussion on their posts. When I hook a taker and we battle it out, usually to a draw or I'll give them the upper hand and leave a crack in the door for them to sway me their way in the future, but I always part with them from a hot discussion saying "somestimes I'm your ally and sometimes your foe but always your friend" and move on...it's fun!

Thanks again, Hot Wax

Chucky G. I see you put a lock and a removal status on my posts, Why? I thought my reply to your explanation was clear, I thanked you for your time and the sense you made in your explanation on the 00's site obiligation in protecting the copywrites for you and for all the Colonists writings and thanked you for it, and in return I find this is what's done to all of the Hot Wax postings...ChuckyG.,this is not the right thing to do, but it's your site and if you think this is a Gentleman's way disagree with me being part of the 00's Colony then kill all of Hot Wax writings and we'll part friends and we'll move on, I have no malice...like I always say "The only thing that doesn't change in life is...change!" so be it!.

It was fun and I'd like stay but it's your call...let me know if you're going to take off the locks or delete all of the Hot Wax writings. Thank you.

Hot Wax   

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/06/06 at 7:29 am

Chucky G. I see you put a lock and a removal status on my posts, Why? I thought my reply to your explanation was clear, I thanked you for your time and the sense you made in your explanation on the 00's site obiligation in protecting the copywrites for you and for all the Colonists writings and thanked you for it, and in return I find this is what's done to all of the Hot Wax postings...ChuckyG.,this is not the right thing to do, but it's your site and if you think this is a Gentleman's way disagree with me being part of the 00's Colony then kill all of Hot Wax writings and we'll part friends and we'll move on, I have no malice...like I always say "The only thing that doesn't change in life is...change!" so be it!.

It was fun and I'd like stay but it's your call...let me know if you're going to take off the locks or delete all of the Hot Wax writings. Thank you.

Hot Wax 

no idea what you are talking about. 

Written By: hot_wax on 02/06/06 at 6:55 pm

no idea what you are talking about. 

ok! I'll bite, look at the message board. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/07/06 at 9:03 am

ok! I'll bite, look at the message board. 

I have no idea what your problem is at this point.  Give me a link and tell me what you are trying to do.  I haven't locked any of your topics.  There is no such thing as a "removal status".  Either a post is removed or it isn't. 

If you see links that say you can lock or remove a topic, that's because you started them, and have the ability to remove or lock your own post.  I'm not sure if every board here allows the original poster that option, but I think they do.

Written By: hot_wax on 02/08/06 at 12:44 am

I have no idea what your problem is at this point.  Give me a link and tell me what you are trying to do.  I haven't locked any of your topics.  There is no such thing as a "removal status".  Either a post is removed or it isn't. 

If you see links that say you can lock or remove a topic, that's because you started them, and have the ability to remove or lock your own post.  I'm not sure if every board here allows the original poster that option, but I think they do.

If you're saying I started the lock on my post, it was said before you explained your position with the copyrights to me and I agreed and thanked you for the protection. I didn't think my curiosity in questioning the copyright that was offensive or "hilarious" as some thought, to put a lock on my posts. Please have the board remove them and let's enjoy the site as it was intented.

ChuckyG., it has been a pleasure to have this push and pull discussion with the highest ranking officer. "Sometimes I'm your foe and sometimes your ally but always your friend!"

Thankyou, Hot Wax 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 6:32 am

If you're saying I started the lock on my post, it was said before you explained your position with the copyrights to me and I agreed and thanked you for the protection. I didn't think my curiosity in questioning the copyright that was offensive or "hilarious" as some thought, to put a lock on my posts. Please have the board remove them and let's enjoy the site as it was intented.

ChuckyG., it has been a pleasure to have this push and pull discussion with the highest ranking officer. "Sometimes I'm your foe and sometimes your ally but always your friend!"

Thankyou, Hot Wax 

You'll have to tell me which of your posts have been locked.  This thread isn't locked, and so far as I know, none of the other threads you started are locked.  I haven't locked or removed any of your threads.  I'm totally clueless as to what you are talking about.  You need to give me a link to them or something.

Written By: YWN on 02/08/06 at 11:40 am

Best...thread...EVAR.

Stick it to the man, Hot Wax!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 2:02 pm

Best...thread...EVAR.

Stick it to the man, Hot Wax!

Um, yeah.  I'd love to know what's getting stuck to the man

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/08/06 at 5:11 pm

It's a great site and enjoy writing on it, but does this mean he owns the rites to what is written on it?

I think it's meant as a copyright for the site, not what you write.

Written By: YWN on 02/08/06 at 5:36 pm

You know what, Dominic?  You're just a puppet...OF THE MAN!!!

Written By: hot_wax on 02/08/06 at 6:10 pm

Thanks DominEl for the support, yes ChuckyG. explained it to me and I think everythings cool now, but I was a little concerned at first when I didn't know who Charles R. Grosvenor Jr. was and didn't want any outsider claiming the rights to our writings. Now I have to get a couple of "Close Topic" and "Lock Topic" icons removed from my postings and this tread will be history.

HW

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/08/06 at 7:02 pm

Er.. I wouldn't worry about it, anyway, man. It's not like anything you're saying is even worth stealing...  ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 7:11 pm

Thanks DominEl for the support, yes ChuckyG. explained it to me and I think everythings cool now, but I was a little concerned at first when I didn't know who Charles R. Grosvenor Jr. was and didn't want any outsider claiming the rights to our writings. Now I have to get a couple of "Close Topic" and "Lock Topic" icons removed from my postings and this tread will be history.

HW

please tell me which topics!!!  I don't think they mean what you think they mean

Written By: hot_wax on 02/08/06 at 7:19 pm

Um, yeah.  I'd love to know what's getting stuck to the man

Nothing!! it was not my intention to stick it to anyone, although it being "Pushed and Pulled" by others made it interesting and went with it. Originally, I was concerned and only wanted to know who was Charles R. Grosvenor and why he had a copyright on my/our writings...That's all. I was enlightened and now it's over.

The one who's getting "stuck" is me, stuck with those "kill topic" and "lock topic" icons attached to my "Before the 70's" postings and I want them off, it doesn't look good and others might stay away because they're there. Please remove them.

Thank you again. Hot Wax

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 7:30 pm

The one who's getting "stuck" is me, stuck with those "kill topic" and "lock topic" icons attached to my "Before the 70's" postings and I want them off, it doesn't look good and others might stay away because they're there. Please remove them.

I checked, and none of your topics in the before the 70s board are locked.  It says lock and kill, because you started the topic, so you can lock or kill them if you so desire.  No one but you sees those links.

Written By: YWN on 02/08/06 at 7:39 pm

I checked, and none of your topics in the before the 70s board are locked.  It says lock and kill, because you started the topic, so you can lock or kill them if you so desire.  No one but you sees those links.

Pffft, this is just another example of THE MAN'S trickery...!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/06 at 8:44 pm

Pffft, this is just another example of THE MAN'S trickery...!

you're having way too much fun with this  :D

Written By: hot_wax on 02/08/06 at 9:23 pm

Er.. I wouldn't worry about it, anyway, man. It's not like anything you're saying is even worth stealing...  ???

Kiddo, when you reach my age and you think you seen it all, only to see how blind you were all these years. You don't know what's in the future until hindsight bites you in the ass, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth should say sweet things today because you might have to eat those words in the future...stranger things do happen so don't let your guard down, what is not important to today might be worth it's weight in gold in the future. Hold on to today memories they're the only link you have to your past write them down they could be worth your weight in gold in the future.

Cliches? bullsheesh? yes but all hold some truths, don't rely on what life has taught you so far it will all change and be different every 7 years so prepare yourself for the peeks and valley's and hope to learn from them good and the bad because they're  always off in the wings waiting to make their entrances when you least expect them...so what's this crap I've been handing you? to make you aware of what can happen to you if you don't ask the questions. You say "What I write is not worth anything" and your probably correct but 7 years from tomorrow I don't want to see my story line on the best seller list with some other author's name on it...stranger things do happen...so smarten up kiddo it could happen to you.

ChuckyG. says everythings is cool, he is the owner of the site and has to do what is right for all concerns, even if Strawberry Fields thinks that "The Man" is speaking with a fork tongue...Ha! Ha! Ha!

Hot Wax  

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/08/06 at 9:43 pm

Kiddo, when you reach my age and you think you seen it all, only to see how blind you were all these years. You don't know what's in the future until hindsight bites you in the ass, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth should say sweet things today because you might have to eat those words in the future...stranger things do happen so don't let your guard down, what is not important to today might be worth it's weight in gold in the future. Hold on to today memories they're the only link you have to your past write them down they could be worth your weight in gold in the future.

Cliches? bullsheesh? yes but all hold some truths, don't rely on what life has taught you so far it will all change and be different every 7 years so prepare yourself for the peeks and valley's and hope to learn from them good and the bad because they're  always off in the wings waiting to make their entrances when you least expect them...so what's this crap I've been handing you? to make you aware of what can happen to you if you don't ask the questions. You say "What I write is not worth anything" and your probably correct but 7 years from tomorrow I don't want to see my story line on the best seller list with some other author's name on it...stranger things do happen...so smarten up kiddo it could happen to you.

ChuckyG. says everythings is cool, he is the owner of the site and has to do what is right for all concerns, even if Strawberry Fields thinks that "The Man" is speaking with a fork tongue...Ha! Ha! Ha!

Hot Wax  

*Wipes single tear from eye*

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/06 at 9:52 pm

"The Longest Penguin News Thread ever" ???

Written By: hot_wax on 02/08/06 at 9:58 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/06 at 10:09 pm

You think? don't get me started I can bore the crap out of you talking about life inside of a ping pong ball!

Hot Wax

Actually, that sort of sounds interesting.  Do tell

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/06 at 7:42 am

...You say "What I write is not worth anything" and your probably correct but 7 years from tomorrow I don't want to see my story line on the best seller list with some other author's name on it...stranger things do happen...so smarten up kiddo it could happen to you.

If it ever did, a quick google search of parts of it would uncover that author quicker than Oprah on a baked ham.

Witness the latest little scandal with NASA suppressing research via their public affairs office.  Once it became known the bloggers began digging. Before you know it, we find out that a 24 year old college drop out who worked on the Bush re-election campaign is in charge of public affairs at a large branch of the government.  20 years ago I'd agree with you that someone could get away with it, but in this day and age, information does not remain hidden for long.

Written By: hot_wax on 02/09/06 at 6:17 pm

If it ever did, a quick google search of parts of it would uncover that author quicker than Oprah on a baked ham.

Witness the latest little scandal with NASA suppressing research via their public affairs office.  Once it became known the bloggers began digging. Before you know it, we find out that a 24 year old college drop out who worked on the Bush re-election campaign is in charge of public affairs at a large branch of the government.   20 years ago I'd agree with you that someone could get away with it, but in this day and age, information does not remain hidden for long.

Thank you again, It's good to know this information and I'm sure nothing like that would happen, but stanger things do happen. Hypothetically, what if I wanted to write a story based on story lines I talked about in the posts, we're do both stand on this issue?

HW

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/06 at 7:07 pm

Thank you again, It's good to know this information and I'm sure nothing like that would happen, but stanger things do happen. Hypothetically, what if I wanted to write a story based on story lines I talked about in the posts, we're do both stand on this issue?

HW

Your writings are your own as far as I'm concerned

Written By: YWN on 02/09/06 at 7:09 pm

\m/

Written By: hot_wax on 02/09/06 at 8:12 pm

Your writings are your own as far as I'm concerned

That's good to know also...Hey! ChuckyG., if I do write a book, you and "In the 00's" will be highly mentioned in my dedication...Oh! wait yeah! and also when I win a Pulitzer Prize!!

Well Chuck, see what an inspiration you and your "In the 00's" are to your Colonists. You're a Giant in the business of communication bringing many people from all over the world together to share their thoughts and visions, and on behalf of everyone who's been enjoying your site and this accolade "We all Thank You" ...Keep up the good work.

Hot Wax 

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/09/06 at 10:34 pm

first of all, why is hot wax still posting here? and Second of all, I say we sell the transcripts of this thread to a movie.

And let Chucky G. Keep the income!!  :D

Written By: hot_wax on 02/10/06 at 9:14 pm

first of all, why is hot wax still posting here? and Second of all, I say we sell the transcripts of this thread to a movie.

And let Chucky G. Keep the income!!  :D

You think? maybe you got an idea here! but lets talk that income thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...