inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Report to moderator - Reminder of what it is

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/06 at 1:17 pm

The report to moderator link is on every post of the site if you are a member.

If you see something that violates system guidelines (like a personal attack on another member), you should use it to let the moderators know what is wrong.

If you're not following the site rules, and respond with "But so and so does it all the time" do yourself a favor and think back to when you were eight years old.  Did that excuse work then?  It's not going to work now either. 

If you see something that should be reported, don't respond to it.  Otherwise, the moderator usually needs to remove all the followups as well.

WHY???

There are two moderators here, and between the two of us, we do not read even 10% of what is posted to the site anymore.  It is impossible to read 1200+ messages a day, and I doubt anyone would want to.  The report tool is the most valuable way to find out when the rules are not being followed. 

If you were invited to a friend's house and another guest began to urinate on your leg, would you ask the friend to eject that person from the house, or would you respond in kind?  Responding in kind, is not appreciated here.

Subject: Re: Report to moderator - Reminder of what it is

Written By: Tam on 10/12/06 at 12:44 pm

Just wanted to let y'all know that if I am on the boards, go ahead and PM me to remove or look at posts.

I ask this because Road Runner sometimes takes a minimum of 3 hours before it approves an email come arrive in my inbox. By that time, everyone has gone off on the threads and like Chucky said - results in a ton of posts being removed or the entire thread for that matter.

You can still use the Report To Moderator function as well.

I am now looking at changing my email too!

Thanks everyone! 8)
Tam

Subject: Report to moderator - Reminder of what it is

Written By: Dude111 on 11/13/07 at 2:13 am

I wish "REPORT TO MODERATOR" worked on your own posts on this SW (It does on VBB)

The other day i wanted to delete 1 of my posts and couldnt 'report it' so i just PMed Chucky,i guess thats OK but i dont wanna bother him with little stuff like that all the time..

Written By: karen on 11/13/07 at 8:57 am

I wish "REPORT TO MODERATOR" worked on your own posts on this SW (It does on VBB)

The other day i wanted to delete of my posts and couldnt 'report it' so i just PMed Chucky,i guess thats OK but i dont wanna bother him with little stuff like that all the time..

After you have posted something you can click on the "remove" button.  This deletes the post

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/07 at 10:45 am

After you have posted something you can click on the "remove" button.  This deletes the post

It doesn't work on topics you start though.  It used to, but I turned it off to avoid abuse by people who would start a thread, get a bunch of replies and then delete the whole thread because they didn't like it anymore, or to be a jerk, etc.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/06/07 at 12:59 pm

There's a few things that don't need to be reported to moderators:

~Off topic conversation on a thread. "Threadjacking" is a different matter.
~Out of order answers in any chain/link game/thread
~Broken quotes

Also, while I and the other moderators appreciate PMs, I am not here every day. Responding to reports done that way may take longer than using the report to moderator feature.

If you do send something via PM, please include a URL instead of just a thread name. I don't know where every thread is on the boards.

Everyone has been doing really good as far as getting along and what not. In the few times where tempers flare or there is a communication breakdown, I'd ask the parties involved try to resolve their differences via PM before reporting posts. What usually happens is by the time a moderator gets to the offending post, it and its replies have been edited by the members, and it's difficult to tell what initially transpired.

On an unrelated note, there's no point in creating topics and then immediately locking them.... they will either get merged, unlocked or (most likely) removed.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 12/06/07 at 10:43 pm

I don't know where every thread is on the boards.

You don't?  Geez, what kind of moderator are you?  Off with yer head!

:D :D

Written By: Red Ant on 12/06/07 at 11:34 pm

You don't?  Geez, what kind of moderator are you?  Off with yer head!

:D :D

http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/fe/fe6407c77599a4c2672fb66b60b9efc4.jpg

;D

Ant

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 11:42 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

That hilarious!

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/09/08 at 8:07 pm

I wanna report to the moderator of moderators ... that is GOD ...

that I like his/ your new avatar !

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_1.gif

8)

Bit of a 'Data' fan myself, too !

:)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/17 at 4:46 pm

I want to add if there is a spammer who has created threads-DO NOT RESPOND TO THE THREADS. It is easier to delete the entire thread if there are no other posts.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...