inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Site should be quicker now

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/06 at 9:04 am

I ran some optimizations last night, that should improve the speed of the messageboard.

Subject: Re: Site should be quicker now

Written By: whistledog on 02/23/06 at 10:15 am

Does this include the Arcade?  Getting into the Arcade still loads quite slow

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/06 at 12:07 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 02/23/06 at 12:09 pm

no.  I suspect the arcade will always be a bit slow.  I don't know of any optimizations for it currently

I've noticed that too. Arcade pages seem to go slow when loading.
I may just stay out of it for a bit. :-\\

By the way, I've had some problems trying to post; I hit the button and it takes forever to load. Sometimes the post goes through, other times it doesn't.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/06 at 2:13 pm

I've noticed that too. Arcade pages seem to go slow when loading.
I may just stay out of it for a bit. :-\\

By the way, I've had some problems trying to post; I hit the button and it takes forever to load. Sometimes the post goes through, other times it doesn't.

might be on your end... might not, I never can tell anymore.  One sure fire sign that it's on this end though, is if the "page time creation" at the bottom of the page has a large number.  Most page creations should be a second or two (or even less!)  if it's showing 5 or 10 seconds, the server is really busy for some reason.

I tried a search today around the time of your last post too... since the stuff I did was supposed to fix the problems with that, and it definitely took a long time to complete.  That might have caused some slowness on the server.

Written By: nally on 02/23/06 at 2:28 pm

might be on your end... might not, I never can tell anymore.  One sure fire sign that it's on this end though, is if the "page time creation" at the bottom of the page has a large number.  Most page creations should be a second or two (or even less!)  if it's showing 5 or 10 seconds, the server is really busy for some reason.

I tried a search today around the time of your last post too... since the stuff I did was supposed to fix the problems with that, and it definitely took a long time to complete.  That might have caused some slowness on the server.

I notice that number on the bottom of the page too. It usually says something like, "Page created in x.xxx seconds with xx queries." Usually the x.xxx number is less than two.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/24/06 at 7:22 am

I notice that number on the bottom of the page too. It usually says something like, "Page created in x.xxx seconds with xx queries." Usually the x.xxx number is less than two.

that's normal

The site did crash last night.  I think I'm going to try moving it to a new server and see if that improves things

Check for new replies or respond here...