inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Members, Guests and . . . SPIDERS?

Written By: Tam on 04/06/06 at 10:45 pm

Because I am nosy....

I clicked the link to see what peeps were looking at and it is all changed.
It shows Members in one box, guests in another box. . . .
And Spiders in a box as well.

My question cause I honestly do not know - What to heck is a Spider??!!

???

Subject: Re: Members, Guests and . . . SPIDERS?

Written By: nally on 04/06/06 at 11:50 pm

Because I am nosy....

I clicked the link to see what peeps were looking at and it is all changed.
It shows Members in one box, guests in another box. . . .
And Spiders in a box as well.

My question cause I honestly do not know - What to heck is a Spider??!!

???

I just noticed that the other day... I haven't got a clue what a "Yahoo Spider" is. :-\\ Maybe Chuck knows.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/06 at 7:59 am

I think it has something to do with Ziggy Stardust and Mars

>grin<

Spiders are automated agents from the search engines, that look for new pages to add to the search engine indexes.  The original code for the software didn't distinguish between the search engines and regular website visitors, so I found this stuff and added it so we can see if there really are 150 guests, or if it's more like 120 search engine bots and 30 guests.

Written By: Tam on 04/07/06 at 2:42 pm

Makes sense! Thanks Chucky!

Written By: nally on 04/07/06 at 11:34 pm

Thanks a lot, Chuck! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/08/06 at 4:50 pm

Pronunciation: 'spI-d&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English spyder, alteration of spithre; akin to Old English spinnan to spin
1 : any of an order (Araneae syn. Araneida) of arachnids having the abdomen usually unsegmented and constricted at the base, chelicerae modified into poison fangs, and two or more pairs of abdominal spinnerets for spinning threads of silk used in making cocoons for their eggs, nests for themselves, or webs to catch prey
2 : a cast-iron frying pan orig. made with short feet to stand among coals on the hearth
3 : any of various devices consisting of a frame or skeleton with radiating arms or members

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/08/06 at 8:30 pm

Pronunciation: 'spI-d&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English spyder, alteration of spithre; akin to Old English spinnan to spin
1 : any of an order (Araneae syn. Araneida) of arachnids having the abdomen usually unsegmented and constricted at the base, chelicerae modified into poison fangs, and two or more pairs of abdominal spinnerets for spinning threads of silk used in making cocoons for their eggs, nests for themselves, or webs to catch prey
2 : a cast-iron frying pan orig. made with short feet to stand among coals on the hearth
3 : any of various devices consisting of a frame or skeleton with radiating arms or members

;D ;D ;D

Cat

If it's definition #1 frequenting the boards, I am calling the exterminator pronto. I can't stand those creepy eight-legged critters!

Written By: whistledog on 04/08/06 at 11:04 pm

Members, Guests and Spiders?

I thought it went "Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my" ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/09/06 at 12:25 am

http://trustytrooper.com/georgia/images/spider.jpg

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/12/06 at 5:01 am

Nothing worse when you're all alone in the 00's with those spiders - I have one at home who lives on the stairs, he's very sweet and no trouble at all.

Check for new replies or respond here...