inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pictures in PMs

Written By: adagio on 04/12/06 at 9:51 pm

I want to show someone a picture in PM, but image doesn't work and there is no attachment.  How do I place it on the PM. please?

Subject: Re: Pictures in posts

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 10:01 pm

I want to show someone a picture in PM, but image doesn't work and there is no attachment.  How do I place it on the PM. please?

I don't think you can attach pictures in PM's. However, if you can post a picture from the 'Net if you know its URL. All you have to do is place the URL of the image between the img tags, like this:

{img}URL_of_the_picture{/img} (using square brackets of course)

Subject: Re: Pictures in PMs

Written By: adagio on 04/13/06 at 7:37 am

I tried that using {img}{/img}, but it came out with a red 'x'.  Thanks, anyway.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/13/06 at 11:30 am

Maybe you didn't type the URL correctly. :-\\ I don't know.

Written By: adagio on 04/13/06 at 11:57 am

Maybe.  :-\\

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/13/06 at 1:35 pm

url here should work... what is the picture's URL?

Written By: adagio on 04/13/06 at 2:30 pm

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures

although that may just be the location, but it worked everwhere else.  If not that, then what would be the URL?...that's the only thing that resembles it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/13/06 at 2:42 pm

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures

although that may just be the location, but it worked everwhere else.  If not that, then what would be the URL?...that's the only thing that resembles it.

that's on your hard drive, not a webserver.  You can't link to that.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/13/06 at 4:44 pm

Upload the picture to http://www.imageshack.us

Take the url they give you for the picture and place it between the tags, and voila.

Written By: adagio on 04/13/06 at 6:20 pm

I got it! Thanks you all...I just uploaded it to my website, put the URL in the PM between the images and it worked.   :)

The picture I wanted is on the first post of this thread...the turtle.

Written By: KKay on 04/13/06 at 6:22 pm

I don't know how you get them in your posts as attachments, like you did...
howd you do that/

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/13/06 at 6:24 pm

howd you do that/

When you click reply... right under the white box where you type text... there's something that says "Additional Options"... click that and you'll see the Attach option

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/14/06 at 12:17 pm

Can anybody kindly help this dumbo to post pictures from her Photobucket onto here.

I can get them out of the bucket but they are really small sized - I'd like them actual size if that's possible.

Many thanks in anticipation.  :)

Written By: adagio on 04/14/06 at 2:04 pm

howd you do that/

I just uploaded it to my website, put the URL in the PM between the images and it worked. 

Or like Sister Morphine suggested.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/14/06 at 2:20 pm

...but what about keeping the sizing?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/14/06 at 2:55 pm

Can anybody kindly help this dumbo to post pictures from her Photobucket onto here.

I can get them out of the bucket but they are really small sized - I'd like them actual size if that's possible.

Many thanks in anticipation.  :)

After a certain file size , Photobucket will automatically resize them and you can't get them back.  Now, if the picture isn't that big to begin with, just take the code provided that already has the IMG tags on it and post it here.  What you're seeing is a thumbnail of the size of the actual picture, not the picture itself.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/14/06 at 4:05 pm

After a certain file size , Photobucket will automatically resize them and you can't get them back.  Now, if the picture isn't that big to begin with, just take the code provided that already has the IMG tags on it and post it here.  What you're seeing is a thumbnail of the size of the actual picture, not the picture itself.

Ahh thanks very much for that, much appreciated.

Check for new replies or respond here...