inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Front page fixed... archive still a little messed up

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/25/06 at 2:35 pm

The new "highlighted topics" feature wasn't working quite right, the first post of the thread was disappearing.  I fixed it. Now that it's fixed, I'll start highlighting topics again.

The archive... oh boy.  I've spent way more time than I would ever care to admit to, working on that.  I changed how I was generating everything, so that I could more easily change the page layouts for the really old sections.  However, I noticed the scripts I use to make the archive are choking on some of the really long topics (thank you board game topics that never end) and are timing out as well.

So, while the archive has been freshened a little bit, it's missing some topics still.  Hopefully I'll get it repaired at some point.

Subject: Re: Front page fixed... archive still a little messed up

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/06 at 7:14 pm

The Highlighted Topics page looks great.  Thanks for the Medal btw :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/25/06 at 8:06 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: karen on 05/26/06 at 3:37 am

However, I noticed the scripts I use to make the archive are choking on some of the really long topics (thank you board game topics that never end) and are timing out as well.

Bet you wished you'd stuck to the 20 page restriction like we used to have!

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/26/06 at 8:04 am

Bet you wished you'd stuck to the 20 page restriction like we used to have!

I think the problems I'm running into now, creating even more threads would have made it worse.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/26/06 at 1:10 pm

I think the problems I'm running into now, creating even more threads would have made it worse.

I fixed it.  wasn't too bad.  The only sections that weren't getting completly built, were the board games and playful penguin place boards. 

lot of work, for very few visitors... not too many people even look at the archives, yet I just spent my free time during the past three days working on it.  and in the end, it ends up looking just like it used to... ugh!

Written By: A. Guest on 05/31/06 at 2:36 pm

The archive... oh boy.  I've spent way more time than I would ever care to admit to, working on that.  I changed how I was generating everything, so that I could more easily change the page layouts for the really old sections.  However, I noticed the scripts I use to make the archive are choking on some of the really long topics (thank you board game topics that never end) and are timing out as well.

In that case, maybe a few existing nonsense threads should go. So should some "duplicate" threads. I dunno,

Written By: anon on 06/07/06 at 1:45 pm

In that case, maybe a few existing nonsense threads should go. So should some "duplicate" threads. I dunno,

Yeah, like "Bump me." That thread has no useful purpose whatsoever, so I think it should be removed. How bout it, Chuck?

Written By: LTE Sucks on 07/10/06 at 10:16 am

You are a guest.  That thread does not pertain to you?

My fellow guest does not need to worry about it now, as it has been deletted.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/06 at 10:37 am

My fellow guest does not need to worry about it now, as it has been deletted.

unmask yourself....are/were you one of us? ??? :D

Check for new replies or respond here...