inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can I Start An inthe00s Wiki article?

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 12:55 pm

I know it seems like such a small thing (who would read it, anyway? lol), but just to confirm if you're not planning on writing an article on your can, can I have to honour of writing the article on inthe00s.com on Wikipedia? Just a basic intro, and perhaps give it that little bit more exposure. You can all modify anything once it's written up.

Subject: Re: Can I Start An inthe00s Wiki article?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/06 at 8:02 pm

I know it seems like such a small thing (who would read it, anyway? lol), but just to confirm if you're not planning on writing an article on your can, can I have to honour of writing the article on inthe00s.com on Wikipedia? Just a basic intro, and perhaps give it that little bit more exposure. You can all modify anything once it's written up.

Someone's tried it before, but the editors don't feel the site is notable enough for inclusion.  It's probably better if you don't bother.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 9:04 pm

Someone's tried it before, but the editors don't feel the site is notable enough for inclusion.  It's probably better if you don't bother.

Okay, I guess few people will visit anyway... :(

Written By: Bobo on 07/06/06 at 10:04 pm

As someone who writes Wikipedia articles on an almost secondly basis at this moment, it's probably safer that it's not done. Despite being, as we love to brag, the 855th biggest messageboard on the internet, very few would actually merit inclusion, unless Dubya were to visit here and give it his seal *slaps fins together* of approval. Or something..

Maybe we should start a Wiki for inthe00s. :D :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/06 at 9:50 am

As someone who writes Wikipedia articles on an almost secondly basis at this moment, it's probably safer that it's not done. Despite being, as we love to brag, the 855th biggest messageboard on the internet, very few would actually merit inclusion, unless Dubya were to visit here and give it his seal *slaps fins together* of approval. Or something..

Maybe we should start a Wiki for inthe00s. :D :D

I could certainly install the wiki software on the server... but would people really want to do that here?  Why edit the inthe00s wiki if you could edit the real thing?

I guess it would be a way to keep up with all the current stuff, unlike the other decade sites... a wiki seems almost appropriate in that regards, but it would have to be aimed at stuff that isn't going into the real wiki, otherwise what's the point.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/07/06 at 10:02 am

I don't know why Wikipedia wouldn't allow an article on this site, when they'll allow articles about just about anything you could possibly think of.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/06 at 10:52 am

I don't know why Wikipedia wouldn't allow an article on this site, when they'll allow articles about just about anything you could possibly think of.

because they're not a web directory. They only have articles on websites that are very large (top 1000 site large) or are notable in the press/media.

Written By: Bobo on 07/07/06 at 1:12 pm

On the other hand, they already have an article on Charles Grosvenor...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/06 at 4:29 pm

On the other hand, they already have an article on Charles Grosvenor...

I've gotten a few emails over the years from people who are looking for that particular Charles Grosvenor... I used to get all excited when I'd see it in the credits to old Hannah Barbara cartoons

Check for new replies or respond here...