inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: problems with trying to post as a guest

Written By: karen on 07/07/06 at 6:01 pm

What's with the entering a code if you aren't logged in.  I tried several times to post stuff but the code I typed in was never accepted.  Is there some sort of time limit on it and me being on dial-up was fouling that up?

Subject: Re: problems with trying to post as a guest

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/07/06 at 8:29 pm

I don't know, but I believe Chucky said the code was to keep people from trolling/spamming.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/06 at 12:27 am

Sometimes the code doesn't show up properly, like only 3 of the 4 numbers appear.  After like 4 or 5 attempts, it usualyl works.  It's a hassle, but it does keep the spammers from spamming quickly

Written By: karen on 07/10/06 at 7:49 am

Each time I could see 5 characters though it took me a moment to realise that the 1's were 1's and not I's likewise with the 0/O combination. 

I can see why it might be considered neccessary to have it in place but I was just trying to post or two quick comments on things and ended up feeling cross with the whole system.  Might potential new members just give up and go elsewhere?

Check for new replies or respond here...