inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Back online....

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/26/06 at 8:05 am

Looks like the hosting company was offline for at least half an hour or more.  amiright/inthe80s came back up ok, but for some reason inthe00s/amiwrong still needed another reboot.

The hosting company went through a merger recently, and this is the second time I've had problems beyond my control.  Looks like it's time to start shopping for another hosting company.

Subject: Re: Back online....

Written By: karen on 09/27/06 at 3:18 am

Still found it a bit flakey yesterday.  I couldn't always get onto inthe00s and at least once I typed a reply but then couldn't post it.

Written By: Gis on 09/27/06 at 4:51 am

Still found it a bit flakey yesterday.  I couldn't always get onto inthe00s and at least once I typed a reply but then couldn't post it.
Same problem for me yesterday too. I couldn't even open threads in the end so I gave up and logged off.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 09/27/06 at 12:06 pm

I had a similar problem yesterday morning...it was going so slow for me. I wonder if the Search was causing that, because I don't see the Search link on top anymore. :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/27/06 at 2:29 pm

I had a similar problem yesterday morning...it was going so slow for me. I wonder if the Search was causing that, because I don't see the Search link on top anymore. :-\\

it caused problems in the past, and I noticed the server was just acting weird the whole day, so I removed it to be safe

Written By: nally on 09/27/06 at 4:25 pm

it caused problems in the past, and I noticed the server was just acting weird the whole day, so I removed it to be safe

I thought so. I seem to remember it slowed everything down in the past, which is why you removed it in the first place. We can still use the google search box on top; that always works for me.

Written By: Roadgeek on 09/27/06 at 9:45 pm

I must have missed the down-time. I live in USA Eastern Time and I might have been asleep.

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/06 at 10:02 pm

will it ever make another appearance?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/28/06 at 7:33 am

will it ever make another appearance?

at this point, I don't think so.

Written By: annonymouse on 10/15/06 at 9:57 pm

Looks like the hosting company was offline for at least half an hour or more.  amiright/inthe80s came back up ok, but for some reason inthe00s/amiwrong still needed another reboot.

The hosting company went through a merger recently, and this is the second time I've had problems beyond my control.  Looks like it's time to start shopping for another hosting company.

i'm just curios, can you say that? can they just remove your website for saying you're looking for a new host. or do they even look at the websites they host?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/16/06 at 11:12 am

i'm just curios, can you say that? can they just remove your website for saying you're looking for a new host. or do they even look at the websites they host?

They host tens of thousands of servers with hundreds of sites on most... I doubt they care, or would even notice.  I don't mention them by name either.

I've been super busy with other projects lately, so I'm holding off on any moves for now anyways.  I bought a book on mySQl performance tuning, so that might help this website out a bit in the perfomance department.  At least it will once I get the time to read it and try working on the site.

Check for new replies or respond here...