inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Upgrading the system tonight

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/06 at 7:38 pm

There may be some outages and stuff at some point.  Some features may disappear for awhile, etc.

I may just leave some features inaccessible for a few days and do it slowly.  not sure yet.

Subject: Re: Upgrading the system tonight

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/06 at 8:37 pm

There may be some outages and stuff at some point.  Some features may disappear for awhile, etc.

I may just leave some features inaccessible for a few days and do it slowly.  not sure yet.

I guess I'm not going to get very far.  I haven't done a thorough backup of the site since them move, so that's taking up most of the time I would have spent doing the work tonight.  I think I'm past the point of figuring out how to do it, but it takes so long for it to work that I don't think I'm going to get much else accomplished.  I certainly want a full backup before I attempt modifying everything.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/06 at 6:05 pm

still didn't do anything today.  I did succeed in getting the site backed up, so maybe tomorrow if I'm not too tired from tonight. 

have a happy holiday!

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/07 at 7:52 pm

The boards are dreadfully slow STM.  I assume upgrades are taking place right now? lol

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/07 at 8:55 pm

The boards are dreadfully slow STM.  I assume upgrades are taking place right now? lol

no, but I did install a few modifications earlier, maybe one of them is a resource hog

Written By: nally on 01/08/07 at 5:39 pm

Did you disable the spellcheck? Because I notice that button is gone now.

Not that I ever used it anwyay.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/08/07 at 6:08 pm

Did you disable the spellcheck? Because I notice that button is gone now.

Not that I ever used it anwyay.

side effect of trying to get something new working on the web server... should be back now

Check for new replies or respond here...