inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Up for some adventure? New theme available

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/07 at 12:36 pm

People have been asking me to setup different color themes for, oh, a decade or so.

I finally decided on an easy way for me to do it, and not go insane with trying to maintain five extra themes for when it comes time to do site upgrades. It's basically the same theme, with a different color style sheet. 

You can go into your Profile, select "Look and Layout Preferences"  and at the top, it'll say something like "Default Theme".  The new one is called "Deep Blue Babylon Theme".

Subject: Re: Up for some adventure? New theme available

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 1:04 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!! 

It's so purrty.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 1:10 pm

Okay, the only problem with this theme is you can't read quoted text.  All you see is a box of blue and you have to manually highlight with the mouse what's in it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/07 at 1:14 pm

Okay, the only problem with this theme is you can't read quoted text.  All you see is a box of blue and you have to manually highlight with the mouse what's in it.

ok, found it.  Should be fixed now.  You may need to hold the shift key and hit refresh to see the change.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 1:17 pm

ok, found it.  Should be fixed now.  You may need to hold the shift key and hit refresh to see the change.

It works!  I can see what you quoted just fine.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/07 at 1:19 pm

ohh....how I love the blue!!! :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/07 at 1:35 pm

ohh....how I love the blue!!! :)

The blue is awesome

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/07 at 1:36 pm

For me, it's going to take some getting used to the fact that people will be able to see the look/feel of the site differently than I see it.

I will probably do a couple other color schemes next week.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 1:38 pm

For me, it's going to take some getting used to the fact that people will be able to see the look/feel of the site differently than I see it.

If you could do a dark green/light green and dark red/light red set I'd appreciate that.  If it's too much work, I would understand.  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/07 at 1:58 pm

If you could do a dark green/light green and dark red/light red set I'd appreciate that.  If it's too much work, I would understand.  :)

I think green and red ones are going to be next.  Probably similar style as the blue, with a dark green in place of the blue, and a deep red in place of the blue for the red one.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 2:07 pm

Those would look great, Chucky. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/18/07 at 2:44 pm

So these color themes are optional then?

I still like the muted greys that you've been using, as they're real easy on the eyes... :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/07 at 2:59 pm

So these color themes are optional then?

I still like the muted greys that you've been using, as they're real easy on the eyes... :)

I do too, but everyone has different ideas of what's easy on the eyes.

I've got one that's more brown than red.  I don't know if I can get a real red theme to work.  It's called Mahogany.  I'm still working on it though, so I don't recommend it to anyone.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 3:01 pm

I do too, but everyone has different ideas of what's easy on the eyes.

I've got one that's more brown than red.  I don't know if I can get a real red theme to work.  It's called Mahogany.  I'm still working on it though, so I don't recommend it to anyone.

Well, I'm using it....just to see what you're working on, and I like it.  It's not as severe on the eyes as the blue theme is.  Whatever you're doing with this theme, keep going.  :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 8:44 pm

Okay, I am severely digging on the Mahogany theme.  Excellent work, Chucky!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/07 at 8:56 pm

really?  I think it needs some more work, there's some issues with the header at the top of the page I don't quite understand.  Seems a bit hard on the eyes contrast-wise as well. 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 9:04 pm

really?  I think it needs some more work, there's some issues with the header at the top of the page I don't quite understand.  Seems a bit hard on the eyes contrast-wise as well. 

I mean, if other people use it and say it's hard to read, then majority rules, but I like it.  The only thing I would do is make the window color in the reply box the same shade of dark red that the posts are in after you make them.  The white on black is a little bright.

But other than that, I really like it.  It's dark and edgy, and I like dark and edgy.  The posts on the page are not hard to read, at least not to me and the color combos go together. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/07 at 10:29 pm

pink & black would RAWK! :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/07 at 8:26 pm

The Deep Blue Babylon Theme  (which i LOVE) has a few bugs I notice.  The flashing mail notification shows up as a red X, and the gold stars and other images in the arcade are also Red X's.  Other than that, it's awesome 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/22/07 at 9:58 pm

The Deep Blue Babylon Theme  (which i LOVE) has a few bugs I notice.  The flashing mail notification shows up as a red X, and the gold stars and other images in the arcade are also Red X's.  Other than that, it's awesome 8)

sounds like the images are missing.  I'll hunt it down tomorrow

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 01/23/07 at 9:58 pm

Yeah, I was going to mention that about the mail notification. Boy, you're really busy, huh Chucky?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/23/07 at 10:01 pm

Yeah, I was going to mention that about the mail notification. Boy, you're really busy, huh Chucky?

yeah.  January is a slow time of year (along with July/August) for all of my websites, so I try to pack in as much new stuff as I can, so that when traffic does pick up, I'm not inconveniencing more people with downtime. It's also so that people who haven't checked the site in a while see new stuff and might be convinced to check in more often.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/25/07 at 3:47 pm

Wow, so am I!

I thought I would like the blue, but it's kinda hard on my eyes.  This is very soothing.

Thanks Chucky!!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/07 at 1:41 am

I never use FireFox, but now I am using it, and there seems to be glitches with the Blue theme.  I see all kinds of white arrows in the header sections (Forum Stats, Users On-line, Quick Reply, etc), plus, it shows that all kinds of threads are locked, even though they aren't ???

It doesn't do this in IE at all

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/30/07 at 6:36 pm

Just changed to Mahogany Babylon theme - I likes.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...