inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guests can post again...

Written By: Guest Account on 01/29/07 at 2:33 pm

Guests can post in all the boards, except for the "Members Only" boards. 

I had it disabled due to the software upgrades, which are now complete.

Subject: Re: Guests can post again...

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/07 at 2:37 pm

:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/07 at 2:42 pm

:(

oh stop. 

I don't even have user accounts or captchas on amIright and Red Ant has been able to keep them at bay by himself.  Guest posting encourages more interaction, and turns more guests into regular users.

Written By: Henk on 01/29/07 at 3:02 pm

oh stop. 

I don't even have user accounts or captchas on amIright and Red Ant has been able to keep them at bay by himself.  Guest posting encourages more interaction, and turns more guests into regular users.

I'm glad you enabled guest posting again (though I'm sure we'll get spammed one time or another). I felt very frustrated when I was "inbetween accounts" and couldn't leave a message to reassure people.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/07 at 3:13 pm

I'm glad you enabled guest posting again (though I'm sure we'll get spammed one time or another). I felt very frustrated when I was "inbetween accounts" and couldn't leave a message to reassure people.

I'm sure the positives of allowing guest to post again, will out weigh the negatives.

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/07 at 3:16 pm

oh stop. 

I am glad to see guest posting again, I'm just wondering about whether we will see certain banned members coming out of the woodwork now?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/07 at 3:20 pm

I am glad to see guest posting again, I'm just wondering about whether we will see certain banned members coming out of the woodwork now?

Most of them are IP banned anyways, and we've dealt with them before guest posting was disabled at the beginning of the month.  Nothing new there.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/29/07 at 4:06 pm

oh stop. 

Thank you.  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/07 at 5:10 pm

Thank you.  :)

I may make your job easier in a month or so as well, I think the captcha I built into amIwrong is working pretty good, so I might try replacing the script on amIright to use a similar system.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/29/07 at 7:37 pm

I may make your job easier in a month or so as well, I think the captcha I built into amIwrong is working pretty good, so I might try replacing the script on amIright to use a similar system.

Not that I don't appreciate the idea of someone making my job easier, but I'd ask that you hold off on the captcha system for AmiRight for now. Even though my eyesight is pretty good, I have a hard time reading them in general, especially the ones on AmiWrong. I suspect I'm not the only one. Perhaps an alphanumeric 3 or 4 digit code twice the size of what's there would work better...

The spammers have yet to get beyond my ability (and patience) to wipe their comments, though I think AmiRight will eventually need captchas to block spammers.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/29/07 at 7:39 pm

^ Red Ant = Board Jedi Master.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/07 at 8:00 pm

Not that I don't appreciate the idea of someone making my job easier, but I'd ask that you hold off on the captcha system for AmiRight for now. Even though my eyesight is pretty good, I have a hard time reading them in general, especially the ones on AmiWrong. I suspect I'm not the only one. Perhaps an alphanumeric 3 or 4 digit code twice the size of what's there would work better...

The spammers have yet to get beyond my ability (and patience) to wipe their comments, though I think AmiRight will eventually need captchas to block spammers.

I agree that captchas on amIwrong are a bit too hard to decipher, I can adjust it and plan to.  I don't think I'm going to get to bringing it over to amIright for a few more months anyways.

Written By: Gis on 02/12/07 at 4:06 pm

oh stop. 

;D Fantastic mental image.

Written By: spaceace on 02/12/07 at 4:15 pm

Wonderful, fresh meat.  Opps. ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/13/07 at 9:25 am

it's disabled again.  The modification I had to install to allow it, had some bugs, and it was interfering with the proper updates of the software.

Check for new replies or respond here...