inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: google-analytics?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/20/07 at 12:59 pm

For some reason, whenever I'm on the board, my cursor (unless it's directly ON a link) is in "working" mode and the bottom of my browser says "Transferring data from www.google-analytics.com..."  It doesn't happen on any other sites I go to, just here ???  Any ideas?  I'm using firefox.....

Subject: Re: google-analytics?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 1:03 pm

For some reason, whenever I'm on the board, my cursor (unless it's directly ON a link) is in "working" mode and the bottom of my browser says "Transferring data from www.google-analytics.com..."  It doesn't happen on any other sites I go to, just here ???  Any ideas?  I'm using firefox.....

I get the same thing on my laptop.  I don't notice it on my desktop because it's a lot faster, but on my laptop....it can take forever for the page to finish loading because of it.

Written By: gemini on 02/20/07 at 1:18 pm

Mine does the same thing. I only started noticing it a few weeks ago.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/20/07 at 1:37 pm

Google analytics is used to gather stats about how many people visit the site, and how often. I use it on all the sites I run currently.

It shouldn't take long to come up, but because it is going to a site on a different server, it can take longer than normal sometimes.  It's also the very last item on the page, so it's the last to get loaded.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/21/07 at 8:34 am

Thanks for clearing that up.  It doesn't really affect the performance of the page loading, it was just annoying to see the little blue dinosaur "running" for so long ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...