inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is the site faster now?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/21/07 at 9:28 pm

Running some backups right now, but before I began doing it, it seemed like the messageboard is a lot faster now. Anyone else notice an improvement?

Subject: Re: Is the site faster now?

Written By: Red Ant on 02/21/07 at 9:32 pm

Running some backups right now, but before I began doing it, it seemed like the messageboard is a lot faster now. Anyone else notice an improvement?

The arcade pages used to take 8-11 seconds to load for me. Now it's under 4 seconds per page. So yeah, it's much faster.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/21/07 at 9:33 pm

The arcade pages used to take 8-11 seconds to load for me. Now it's under 4 seconds per page. So yeah, it's much faster.

speaking of which, I uploaded a bunch today, but haven't had time to make sure they were ready to be turned on.  Too busy working on other issues...

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/07 at 10:24 pm

Tons faster for me.  Thanks, Chucky.

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/07 at 11:46 pm

It seems to be a bit faster yes, though with my crapass computer, it's hard to tell lol

Written By: nally on 02/21/07 at 11:50 pm

Well...with my home PC, it's kinda hard to tell. :-\\ In the long run, however, I'd say it probably is running faster.

Written By: nally on 02/21/07 at 11:51 pm

They used to take even longer than that on my 'puter, lol. :o When the Arcade was upgraded last month, that all changed.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/07 at 10:43 am

I've been running a lot of archive backups on the messageboard, trying to make the "archive" section a little easier to navigate, and just better organized on my end of things.  So it may end up making the site run slower while it runs.  I know I ran it alot the past two days, trying to spread changes I made across the entire archive.  Hopefully I'll be done with that mess soon.

Check for new replies or respond here...