inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Site is back, had to do a restore from a backup, 3 days of posts lost...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/12/07 at 6:27 am

though Wednesday didn't have much of a chance to acquire many posts since the site was down almost the whole days while I tried to figure out what the hell my hosting company did.  They still haven't told me, so I just went ahead and restored the database since it was clear they don't know their ass from their elbow.  I wasn't surprised when the backup worked, just upset I had to restore it and that they caused it and didn't take the proper precautions when working on my site.

The irony?  I paid them to upgrade the server to make it less likely to be hacked or crash.  Ha!

Subject: Re: Site is back, had to do a restore from a backup, 3 days of posts lost...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/12/07 at 6:32 am

Okay, that explains it....II got the "you have a new PM" message, but there wasn't anything "new" there....

My first thought was actually that "giant asian penis man" struck again and actually sent ME one for once ;D ;D

I'm waiting for people to start whining about their post counts ::)

On the positive side, the bunny ears are back for a limited time :) :D

Subject: Re: Site is back, had to do a restore from a backup, 3 days of posts lost...

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 7:27 am

it's my birthday again! i knew there was a reason i was keeping birthday-cake tia around.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/12/07 at 10:41 am

YAY! We're back! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/12/07 at 10:45 am

Good to have the place up & running again. My speculations as to what happened was a system crash, or perhaps a former member angered by banishment to the nether regions figured out a way to wreak havoc and hacked into the board. So all the posts and pics and stuff from Tuesday seem to be deleted.  :(   It's good to have personal emails to keep in touch when this happens.  Thank you ChuckyG for getting us back in service. check is in the mail  ;)

Written By: Marian on 04/12/07 at 10:51 am

Okay, that explains it....II got the "you have a new PM" message, but there wasn't anything "new" there....

My first thought was actually that "giant asian penis man" struck again and actually sent ME one for once ;D ;D

I'm waiting for people to start whining about their post counts ::)

On the positive side, the bunny ears are back for a limited time :) :D
Are you u[pset that you didn't get that message?I'm sure i can find a copy to send you,if that will make you feel better!LOL :-[

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 10:51 am

Good to have the place up & running again. My speculations as to what happened was a system crash, or perhaps a former member angered by banishment to the nether regions figured out a way to wreak havoc and hacked into the board. So all the posts and pics and stuff from Tuesday seem to be deleted.  :(  It's good to have personal emails to keep in touch when this happens.  Thank you ChuckyG for getting us back in service. check is in the mail  ;)
now the truth can be told -- i hacked the board to impress trace beaulieu.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/12/07 at 10:56 am

now the truth can be told -- i hacked the board to impress trace beaulieu.
why you sumpa'bich!    so was she impressed with your computer hacking skills?  I could have told you a better way to impress her  ;D 

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/12/07 at 10:57 am

Glad we're up and running again. I know what happened couldn't be helped (Chuck does his best, and of course it's nobody's fault for his hosting company's mistake), but I think I'm gonna cut it with the long posts or detailed conversation from now on. What's the point of expending energy if it's not gonna be preserved? :(

Written By: whistledog on 04/12/07 at 11:31 am

I am glad the boards are back.  I was going out of my mind last night without this place :\'(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/12/07 at 11:35 am

why you sumpa'bich!    so was she impressed with your computer hacking skills?  I could have told you a better way to impress her  ;D 

I think Trace Beaulieu is a dude, not that Tia would care.

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 11:37 am

usually i DO care but i would totally go gay in an instant for my beloved trace. he's a close #2 in my celebrity obsession roster. it's, like, a photo finish.

http://www.kaijuhq.org/forrester.gif

hothothothotHOT.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/12/07 at 12:08 pm

crap!  :-[

Written By: Tam on 04/12/07 at 1:18 pm

I did send out a bunch of emails last night.
Funny thing - some said they just got them like a few minutes ago. :o
That's hotmail for ya!

Here's to you Chucky!
karma +1!!! 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/12/07 at 1:18 pm

Glad we're up and running again. I know what happened couldn't be helped (Chuck does his best, and of course it's nobody's fault for his hosting company's mistake), but I think I'm gonna cut it with the long posts or detailed conversation from now on. What's the point of expending energy if it's not gonna be preserved? :(

I'd hate for that to be the reason for you to cut back on your posts.  This was the first time posts were lost due to one of these types of problems in a few years now.  Even when the hacker got the site a few months ago, I didn't lose more than a handful of posts. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/12/07 at 2:02 pm

OH MY GOD!! SO MUCH WORK I PUT INTO MAKING ALL THESE POSTS!! WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN!? OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!

Heh, just kidding. Chucky probably put more work into fixing this site.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/07 at 2:15 pm

What happened? Were we hacked?

Written By: Gis on 04/12/07 at 2:16 pm

BAH! I'm outraged at the amount of karma I have lost it's simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!                      ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/07 at 2:19 pm

BAH! I'm outraged at the amount of karma I have lost it's simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!                      ;)
I think mine has gone down too!

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/12/07 at 2:53 pm

I think mine has gone down too!

Yeah, yesterday, I was decently ahead of Davey Thrashmister, now I'm just a little ahead.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/12/07 at 4:38 pm

Man, I lost a whopping 3 post and 2 Karma and I'm real aggravated.  >:(

;D ;D No I'm not, I'm glad the sight is back up, I was going stir crazy last night not being able to waste the
hours staring at a computer screen. I had to spend the night doing crossword puzzles.

Written By: nally on 04/12/07 at 10:07 pm

I am glad the boards are back.  I was going out of my mind last night without this place :\'(

Me too. I was just one post away from 86K and boom, the site goes down. Thank goodness it's fixed now.

I lost a whopping 10 PM's in my inbox.

Edit: And my TTLI lost about 8 hours.

Written By: wildcard on 04/12/07 at 10:31 pm

I went crazy yesterday. 

Written By: nally on 04/12/07 at 10:41 pm

I also notice that the games Chuck introduced on Monday are all gone too...so he's gonna have to reinstall those at some point. :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 1:07 am

how do some of you know precisely how many posts, karma, pm's you lost  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/07 at 1:10 am

From my records:

Date               Posts
11 April 2007   Nil recorded
10 April 2007 704
09 April 2007 556
08 April 2007 504

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 1:17 am

From my records:

Date               Posts
11 April 2007   Nil recorded
10 April 2007 704
09 April 2007 556
08 April 2007 504

what records are these and where do we access them or did you just keep your own personal record of them

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/07 at 1:20 am

what records are these and where do we access them or did you just keep your own personal record of them
From a combination of The Stats Board and personal records.

Written By: Gis on 04/13/07 at 1:24 am

I only noticed because I had hit 500 and was feeling proud of my half centuary!

Written By: Gis on 04/13/07 at 1:26 am

I do wish I had been able to show  my sister all the good wishes from everyone about her fire before they disappeared but it can't be helped and yes I'd rather have the board back and running.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 1:35 am

From a combination of The Stats Board and personal records.
ok, I was wondering how the figures were gathered.

I only noticed because I had hit 500 and was feeling proud of my half centuary!
that's a nice easy number to remember Gid. I got you one closer to that milestone  ;)

I do wish I had been able to show  my sister all the good wishes from everyone about her fire before they disappeared but it can't be helped and yes I'd rather have the board back and running.
ah geez Gis, that was a good idea because some nice warm wishes were posted on her behalf.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/13/07 at 9:32 am

I'd hate for that to be the reason for you to cut back on your posts.  This was the first time posts were lost due to one of these types of problems in a few years now.  Even when the hacker got the site a few months ago, I didn't lose more than a handful of posts. 

It's cool, man - I was in kind of a temporarily lousy mood when I said that (which is unusual for me), so don't pay it too much mind if I sounded a little Emo. :)

Plus, on the cool side, it was almost like travelling back in time to 3 days ago.

Written By: Tia on 04/13/07 at 9:33 am

Plus, on the cool side, it was almost like travelling back in time to 3 days ago.
although i hated losing the big grindhouse debate, i'd say on the whole it was actually pretty funny, going back to april. we ended up with the easter bunny emoticon post of karen's from it. good times.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/13/07 at 10:27 am

although i hated losing the big grindhouse debate, i'd say on the whole it was actually pretty funny, going back to april. we ended up with the easter bunny emoticon post of karen's from it. good times.

Yeah, the irony is, since practically every trace of the last three days got wiped out (Karma count and all that disappeared too), if someone didn't know, they might actually think it was April 8th, lol.

Written By: Gis on 04/14/07 at 1:31 am

* Cue's the music frrom the twilight zone* ..........................

Written By: Marian on 04/14/07 at 3:18 pm

It's cool, man - I was in kind of a temporarily lousy mood when I said that (which is unusual for me), so don't pay it too much mind if I sounded a little Emo. :)

That's cool.although i doidn't even do any posting during easter weekend.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/07 at 9:40 pm

Oh yeah, Trace was the man!  I was a bit MST3K fan.  Whatever happened to him?

Anyway, since the site came back online I've been getting "forbidden" server access messages.  I was able to log on earlier today.  I just sent Chucky another email about the problem because I couldn't log on again.  30 seconds later, I gave it another try, and here I am!

Dunno what the 'ell's going on!
???

Written By: Tia on 04/14/07 at 9:53 pm

Oh yeah, Trace was the man!  I was a bit MST3K fan.  Whatever happened to him?

Anyway, since the site came back online I've been getting "forbidden" server access messages.  I was able to log on earlier today.  I just sent Chucky another email about the problem because I couldn't log on again.  30 seconds later, I gave it another try, and here I am!

Dunno what the 'ell's going on!
???
somebody was posting about similar troubles, i think, check the wing up board.

trace is now one of the lead writers, if not the lead writer, for america's funniest home videos. i personally think the gig's beneath him, not prestige-wise but just in terms of giving him a chance to share his talents, but i'm glad he's working.

he had a bit part in freaks and geeks, as did joel hodgson. they're both really funny but i really wanted to see more trace. he seriously gets like, maybe, four lines, plays a beseiged high school history teacher.

Written By: Tia on 04/14/07 at 9:54 pm

here's that thread. it's loki having the trouble.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=26319.0

Written By: spaceace on 04/14/07 at 10:05 pm

I posted birthday wishes for courtsandpark.  I hope he saw it before the site went down.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/07 at 7:55 pm

I get the FORBIDDEN server message when I enter inthe00s into the address bars.  I enter it again and it takes me right to the site.  This odd thing happens on several servers.

???

Written By: nally on 04/26/07 at 10:09 pm

I get the FORBIDDEN server message when I enter inthe00s into the address bars.  I enter it again and it takes me right to the site.  This odd thing happens on several servers.

???

And here I thought I was the only one getting those dumb messages every once in a while. ::)

Written By: nally on 04/26/07 at 10:10 pm

I posted birthday wishes for courtsandpark.  I hope he saw it before the site went down.

Similarly, I posted birthday wishes for IndyGent...he may have seen those before the site went down, I hope.

Written By: Tia on 04/26/07 at 10:55 pm

???
oo! weird, i've been getting that. the url gets real long and i get forbidden. so i retype it and then everything's fine.

Written By: Marian on 04/27/07 at 10:51 am

oo! weird, i've been getting that. the url gets real long and i get forbidden. so i retype it and then everything's fine.
That can happen if you get banned i think.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/27/07 at 6:16 pm

It's only been doing that since the site went down for three days.  Maybe there was some kind of glitch when the software got rebooted.  I dunno.  Something like that.

Check for new replies or respond here...