inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Karma Request

Written By: philbo on 05/05/07 at 4:24 am

Just wondering, Chucky - I've only just started looking at this Karma business, and realizing what the "Karma log" is - and the first thing it made me wonder is whether it is possible to include a link to the message which caused someone to give karma with the log that says "x gave karma to y"

Obviously, I'm not expecting you to hack the php code, but just wondered whether it's an option that could be turned on.  Just that when I looked at the KarmaLog for the first time, that was my immediate thought: "I wonder what for..."

Subject: Re: Karma Request

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/05/07 at 4:36 am

Just wondering, Chucky - I've only just started looking at this Karma business, and realizing what the "Karma log" is - and the first thing it made me wonder is whether it is possible to include a link to the message which caused someone to give karma with the log that says "x gave karma to y"

Obviously, I'm not expecting you to hack the php code, but just wondered whether it's an option that could be turned on.  Just that when I looked at the KarmaLog for the first time, that was my immediate thought: "I wonder what for..."

hey Philbo, of course I am not Chucky but there may be no message or post linked to why karma was given, since it's occasionally freely given on a whim, for no real reason, which of course is not the intention of karma, but people go on karma giving binges and just applaud anyone and everyone who's interacted with them, but some tend to give it only when meets there own persoanl criteria, whatever that is. Some just give their friends karma everyday. In the Playful Penguin Place, people seem to be generous giving out karma, myself included. If I interacted with you Philbo, I'd probably give ya an applaud just for posting with me and hanging out. We interacted way back a year or so ago on some of those atheist/Jesus/evolution thread discussions we had, and we were on different sides of the discussion but i tend to not get into those anymore since I'd rather play and have fun than debate or argue or try to prove/disprove a idea, concept, or point. 

Subject: Re: Karma Request

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/05/07 at 8:22 am

well the karma log is something hacked into the php code, not a default piece of the system.  so hacking php code doesn't scare me.

as for which message caused it, that's not tracked right now, so that would require new columns in the database, as well as adding tracking code everywhere, etc.  I could certainly do it, but with the new version of the software coming out sometime in the next six months, I'd rather just wait and see what's available before coding something new.

Check for new replies or respond here...