inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No complaints about 403 errors lately?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/18/07 at 3:21 pm

anyone still encountering these?

Subject: Re: No complaints about 403 errors lately?

Written By: nally on 05/18/07 at 8:22 pm

I experience them periodically, but they're only temporary.
In fact, yesterday I was in the Arcade section, typing some letters in the searchbox, and when I clicked on the desired game, it gave me a four-o-three. So then I hit my browser's back button and clicked on something else, only to get another four-o-three. So I waited maybe a minute, and then everything was back to normal.

Written By: whistledog on 05/18/07 at 11:46 pm

I usually get the errors in the arcade sometimes.  Not so much on the main boards anymore

Written By: Henk on 05/19/07 at 7:09 am

Just encountered a 403 earlier today (several times, actually) while in the arcade, and later also on the main board.

So yeah, they're still there.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/07 at 5:30 pm

No complaints about any errors.  Things seem to be running pretty smoothly around here nowadays.  I see the site was down for a couple of hours last week, but nobody's perfect, right?
:)

Written By: loki 13 on 05/22/07 at 8:32 pm

I was getting the errors just trying to post that I was getting the errors in the arcade.

i've just tried to post this twice maybe the third time is the charm.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/07 at 8:40 pm

I was getting the errors just trying to post that I was getting the errors in the arcade.

i've just tried to post this twice maybe the third time is the charm.

I'm just going to have to move the software to a new server.  This is awful, no one should have to be going through this nonsense.

Written By: nally on 05/22/07 at 10:22 pm

I'm just going to have to move the software to a new server.  This is awful, no one should have to be going through this nonsense.

Seems like you've had to do that a lot lately. :-\\

I only get them in the Arcade section, which is one reason I haven't been a regular there lately. The other reason being that I've been concentrating on my studies.

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/07 at 12:25 am

In the last day or so, I've been getting the errors on the main boards more than in the arcade, which is weird cause for the longest time, it was the other way around

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/23/07 at 7:11 am

Seems like you've had to do that a lot lately. :-\\

I only get them in the Arcade section, which is one reason I haven't been a regular there lately.

Which is one of the reasons I haven't uploaded any new games lately too. 

Finding a decent hosting company is pretty hard as you might imagine, most of the review sites are just filled with useless paid advertisements.  I need something that isn't totally managed for me, but has a lot of the software I need initially installed.  Email is usually the worst part of the equation.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/23/07 at 5:42 pm

I've only gotten one since this whole ordeal began...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/07 at 4:21 pm

Fearing the worse, I just had:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@inthe00s.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.inthe00s.com Port 80

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/07 at 6:53 am

Just received that message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written By: nally on 05/29/07 at 10:19 pm

I've been getting the message quite frequently in the past 20 minutes...when I try to make a post, or try to click on something.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/07 at 1:39 am

Forbidden

I received this message after trying to enter The Arcade while on IE, clicking on Back or Refresh did not work either. I had to shut the window and start all over again.

Written By: nally on 05/30/07 at 2:28 pm

I received this message after trying to enter The Arcade while on IE, clicking on Back or Refresh did not work either. I had to shut the window and start all over again.

When I've received those messages in the Arcade, I click on my Back button, but then wait maybe 20 or 30 seconds (minimum), before trying again. In the worst case, I've killed the browser window and reopened it.

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/07 at 12:57 am

I'm getting the Forbidden error now more than ever, and for a bit, I was also seeing red X's where stars and avatars should be ...

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2914/nallyerrormk8.png

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 4:13 am

What I find odd is that the only time I ever see the Forbidden error is in the wee hours of the morning EST like anywhere between 1-5 AM

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/07 at 2:30 am

Forbidden

Just received this again.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/07 at 7:06 am

Just received this again.

hopefully that will be a thing of the past when the site is moved to the new server.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/07 at 9:49 am

hopefully that will be a thing of the past when the site is moved to the new server.
We are all hoping for that too.

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/07 at 6:21 pm

I see those errors so much, I've gotten used to cussing and swearing when I see them.  In a way, I will sort of miss that ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/07 at 7:29 pm

I see those errors so much, I've gotten used to cussing and swearing when I see them.  In a way, I will sort of miss that ;D

You should have another week to enjoy them then.  I'm going to slowly move all the sites on this server over to the new one next week, saving the messageboards for last.  So next weekend should be when it gets moved.  Either Friday night or early saturday morning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 12:16 am

You should have another week to enjoy them then.  I'm going to slowly move all the sites on this server over to the new one next week, saving the messageboards for last.  So next weekend should be when it gets moved.  Either Friday night or early saturday morning.
Thanks for the fore warning.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/11/07 at 9:16 pm

I found a problem with parody voting on amiright had to do with whether people did the www in front of the domain name or not.

I wonder if the same could be said for the messageboard....

Written By: Blair on 10/11/07 at 10:06 pm

I get one when I try to use the commercial post form.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/11/07 at 10:29 pm

I get one when I try to use the commercial post form.

is that on inthe80s or one of my other sites?

Written By: Blair on 10/12/07 at 4:42 pm

is that on inthe80s or one of my other sites?

It's on inthe80s. I just checked again. It's actually a 404 error.

Check for new replies or respond here...