inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: amIright, inthe70s,80s,90s down for I have no idea how long

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 10:37 am

Last night around 8PM EST the server stopped responding, according to the hosting company it was hacked, and needs a complete re-install.  I have no estimate for when I can restore the sites, or what may have been lost, etc.

Subject: Re: amIright, inthe70s,80s,90s down for I have no idea how long

Written By: philbo on 06/07/07 at 10:49 am

Serious bummer... best of luck, Chucky

Written By: spaceace on 06/07/07 at 10:50 am

I can't get into the "90's" to edit.  Did that get hacked too??? 

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 10:57 am

I can't get into the "90's" to edit.  Did that get hacked too??? 

it's the whole site, everything is off line.

Written By: spaceace on 06/07/07 at 11:22 am

it's the whole site, everything is off line.

Gads, I'm surprised they didn't hit this board too. :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 11:28 am

Gads, I'm surprised they didn't hit this board too. :P

yeah, me too.

I need to find another hosting company, these servers were just so poorly configured to begin with, it's just too much work to keep them running right.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/07/07 at 1:49 pm

What a shame!

I do hope the problem is corrected soon!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 4:23 pm

inthe80s and inthe90s are back.  inthe70s is almost back (small configuration issue)... amiright is still in the process of getting uploaded.  It's super huge for a cable modem with a crappy upload speed.  So I figure another 60 minutes or so before it's back up.

the security images aren't working yet, and I'll still need to run tests to make sure the scripts work even after they do begin to appear.  I probably need to reboot the server a couple times too.

Written By: Marian on 06/08/07 at 12:10 pm

Yesterday i couldnt ger Amiright by typing Amiright.today,the same thing hapened,and fed up,I treied worcester,mass,then amiwrong.Bingo!I got to this messageboard!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 12:57 pm

Yesterday i couldnt ger Amiright by typing Amiright.today,the same thing hapened,and fed up,I treied worcester,mass,then amiwrong.Bingo!I got to this messageboard!

worcestermass is on a shared hosting account.  I wanted something that was unlikely to get hit by anything related to the big websites, because of my email.    amIwrong shares the same server as inthe00s right now.

I'm going to move all the sites (except worcestermass) to the new server this weekend and next week. 

I requested a reboot of the server at 9AM today.  At 2PM it's still not back online, with no reason given.  That should be a clue to the quality of service I receive from my existing web host.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 10:18 pm

I requested a reboot of the server at 9AM today.  At 2PM it's still not back online, with no reason given.  That should be a clue to the quality of service I receive from my existing web host.

they got it back up around 9:30PM.  only 12 hours, a new record I guess (or something).

anyways, the new server is now running.  It's going to take a few hours for the backups to be uploaded to it, and the new server means a new IP address, and a 24-48 hour wait for some people's ISPs to see the new site.  Until then, the old server will be still showing the sites, you just can't submit anything to them.

Check for new replies or respond here...