inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In The 00s will be moving to a new server June 16th, 10PM ESDT start time

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/12/07 at 9:42 pm

Expect some down time this coming Saturday night.  I plan on moving the site to the new server.  Hopefully this will end the 403 errors once and for all.

I already moved my other messageboards onto this server last Sunday, and it was pretty smooth sailing.  So I don't expect any complications.

Subject: Re: In The 00s will be moving to a new server June 16th, 10PM ESDT start time

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/07 at 10:52 am

How quickly you see the site again depends largely on your ISP.  From what I could tell from the last move, most people saw the new site within 6 hours or less.  Some however were still seeing the old sites for almost 24 hours.

Subject: Re: In The 00s will be moving to a new server June 16th, 10PM ESDT start time

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/07 at 10:54 am

http://www.worcestertalk.com/index.php?board=8.0

if you want somewhere to hang out, the Worcester Talk messageboard is already on the new server. You could post in the non-Worcester area for awhile.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/07 at 1:12 am

I take it that the move has been successful?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/07 at 7:35 am

I take it that the move has been successful?

yes it has... I guess I've had a lot of practice lately, so it went pretty smoothly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/07 at 7:35 am

yes it has... I guess I've had a lot of practice lately, so it went pretty smoothly.
...and so far ("touch wood") I have had no hiccups yet.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/07 at 7:46 am

...and so far ("touch wood") I have had no hiccups yet.

I'm pretty certain the 403 warnings are a thing of the past as well.  The script I use for creating the html archive of the board ran flawlessly after the move, yet after the upgrade that broke everything on the old server, it didn't work worth a damn.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/07 at 11:28 am

Hey that was pretty quick!  Good job, Chucky!
:)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/07 at 12:16 pm

Karma for all your work, Chucky.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 06/17/07 at 8:21 pm

yeah, that was fast! and now everything is all....servy.
nice!

Written By: Tam on 06/18/07 at 4:30 pm

Remember when we switched servers in January and some member's ISP wasn't recognizing the new address?
Well, Chucky gave us information to add to our Hosts file - that information could very well be stopping some people from seeing the new boards right now! My son is wireless networked to me and he couldn't get in. He was using the puter I used to use that I added the info to the hosts file. I had to go in and delete the 2 lines and re-save the file. Now he is in NO PROBLEM!!!

If you know any members who cannot get in, who might have added these files, please tell them to email me or you pm me and I will send the step by step directions to get rid of these and they will be able to access the site again!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/07 at 7:04 pm

Remember when we switched servers in January and some member's ISP wasn't recognizing the new address?
Well, Chucky gave us information to add to our Hosts file - that information could very well be stopping some people from seeing the new boards right now! My son is wireless networked to me and he couldn't get in. He was using the puter I used to use that I added the info to the hosts file. I had to go in and delete the 2 lines and re-save the file. Now he is in NO PROBLEM!!!

If you know any members who cannot get in, who might have added these files, please tell them to email me or you pm me and I will send the step by step directions to get rid of these and they will be able to access the site again!

Let me second that by saying that if you still have a modified hosts file from the last move, you can remove the lines and it should work.  If not you should add in the new IP address where the old one was.  The IP is now 64.38.51.50

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/07 at 10:14 pm

I put a huge informational message on the old inthe00s server which should hopefully help people still unable to find the new server.

Check for new replies or respond here...